MHW - ReShade Injector Helper

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

adrober03

adrober03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
In response to post #87723098. #87723783 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Cool! thankss!!

CybersHoK

CybersHoK

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
In response to post #87722873. #87723083 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Interestingly enough, this mod made me realize DX12 wasn't as good as they say, at least in my case with 2700x and 1080ti. Since I've been playing in DX11 for the past few days, turns out DX11 gives me more combat performance (around 65-70) but less performance in Seliana, while DX12 gives me more performance in Seliana but less in combat (around 55-65).

Edited by CybersHoK, 06 December 2020 - 01:35 PM.

Kalexer

Kalexer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Can anyone explain to me why people use Reshade with this game when you could simply use Special K Mod and apply one of it's Color Correction and heavily improve your FPS?

IMChangkyunX

IMChangkyunX

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The mod itself works great but I can't figure out how to use my Reshade preset, as I don't have a dxgi.ini, only a dxgi.dll. and If I copy the ini of the Reshade preset and rename it to Reshade.ini in the injector folder I can't even select the preset

keegars

keegars

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 290 posts
In response to post #87724703.

Spoiler

If you are having issues setting it up, use the ReShade.ini provided, go in-game and goto the ReShade menu by pressing "Home" button, then settings and you'll see several settings. 

The base directory for your shaders/textures are in your Monster Hunter World directory under reshade-shaders e.g. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders).

Do note, the paths I'm showing below are my own, yours may vary depending on where you had MHW installed before.

1) You will want to select the Effect Search paths, press the + button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders\shaders
2) Select Texture search paths, press the + button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders\textures 
3) This will of setup the paths of where to load your shaders/textures from, but not the preset yet. Next go back to the Home menu (default page when opening ReShade menu) at the top you will see "DefaultPreset" and can click this to navigate to your presets, find your default Ini that you usually use mine is named "DefaultPreset.ini" in the base directory. If it doesn't show the shaders in the list, click "Performance Mode" toggle and it should refresh your list, or restart the game for it to find the shaders and refresh the list and it should have you setup like before!

hamadryus

hamadryus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
In response to post #87724283.

Spoiler

The Special K mod only works on DX11 if I am not mistaken.  Anyone using DX12 cannot use it.
I got better performance boost with my previous old rig with DX12 than with Special K.
I'm guessing this varies for each setup and each graphic settings.

Also, there are many other ways to improve your FPS in this game (looking at you, Volumetric fog).

keegars

keegars

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 290 posts
In response to post #87724283. #87725148 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Special K only works with DX11, and although the DX12 version does load, there is no GUI (there is a new version with a GUI being developed but from what I saw it's not yet compatible with MHW).

ReShade provides multiple shaders, from color tone mapping, to sharpening, to bloom, to DoF there are hundreds of shaders that can be applied to any game, with customizable settings for each and every one for a user to determine what is "right" for themselves. I've used Special K before and the color correction presets were great at the time, however with the flexibility of ReShade and user defined tinkering....you just don't want to go back afterwards. 

psahoo6667

psahoo6667

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In response to post #87723558. #87723743 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

That worked... Thank you so much!!

Just one quick question, I need to run this every time I run the game, right?

keegars

keegars

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 290 posts
In response to post #87723558. #87723743, #87728188 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yes, it is needed to "inject" ReShade into the executable every time. It will run MHW automatically, and still use steams API's etc, just sadly for now until Capcom decide to undo what they've done with this patch, this is the only way I've found to get ReShade working with DX12 each time. 

psahoo6667

psahoo6667

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In response to post #87723558. #87723743, #87728188, #87728443 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I see... Thanks for the mod! :D

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.872 seconds