• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

keegars

keegars

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 290 posts
DO NOTE:
There has been an update today (6/1/2021), do make sure before reporting that it's not working anymore that you have updated strackers loader and any other plugin you have downloaded in the past. If you are unsure, rename your nativePc folder and run MHW again, and see if it loads, if it does then there is an incompatible mod. If it doesn't load, then please run the following mod first https://www.nexusmod.../3191?tab=posts and then proceed to provide as much detail as possible.

The updated file updates ReShade64.dll to the latest version, and also updates ReShade.ini to use C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders folder by default to pick up your reshade shaders. You will still need to select the folders if this is not your default location, and you will still need to select your preset, if it's not named already picked.

Documentation
I've added a separate download with screenshots for those that need a more visual guide on how to set this up, please find it under the optional files section.

Troubleshooting
Issue with ReShade not showing banner:
If you have issues with the injection method not showing ReShade banner after a few seconds of MHW loading, try running the program as Administrator.

Worked first time, but not on further loading of MHW
This WILL need to be ran EVERY time, it doesn't modify the base executable but rather modifies it at runtime by injecting the DLL into the executable. It is not permanent, but temporary during the lifetime of the launched executable. You can use it as the launcher for MHW, it is Stracker's Loader compatible, and uses steam natively to load MH, so your game time, steam overlay etc will still work. 

Default Home Button not opening ReShade Menu
If the Home button is not working when trying to open the ReShade menu, Open the ReShade.ini and replace/add the following lines, it will allow you to press Shift+F2 to open the ReShade menu instead of the home button or download the alternative ReShade.ini config in the optional files section:
[INPUT]
KeyScreenshot=44,0,0,0
InputProcessing=2
KeyWireframe=0,0,0,0
KeyEffects=0,0,0,0
KeyReload=0,0,0,0
KeyMenu=113,0,1,0

Issue setting up ReShade shaders/texture/preset paths
If you are having issues setting it up, use the ReShade.ini provided, go in-game and goto the ReShade menu by pressing "Home" button, then settings and you'll see several settings. 

The base directory for your shaders/textures are in your Monster Hunter World directory under reshade-shaders e.g. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders).

Do note, the paths I'm showing below are my own, yours may vary depending on where you had MHW installed before.

1) You will want to select the Effect Search paths, press the + button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders\shaders
2) Select Texture search paths, press the + button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\reshade-shaders\textures 
3) This will of setup the paths of where to load your shaders/textures from, but not the preset yet. Next go back to the Home menu (default page when opening ReShade menu) at the top you will see "DefaultPreset" and can click this to navigate to your presets, find your default Ini that you usually use mine is named "DefaultPreset.ini" in the base directory. If it doesn't show the shaders in the list, click "Performance Mode" toggle and it should refresh your list, or restart the game for it to find the shaders and refresh the list and it should have you setup like before!

Edited by keegars, 06 January 2021 - 09:26 PM.

IMChangkyunX

IMChangkyunX

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
In response to post #87724703. #87725053 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

thanks for the help, seems like I also had to redownload the preset ^^

RedFluffy

RedFluffy

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts
Thank you for this, I found the issue on reshade's forums and gave up trying to manually make the solution provided. This saves me a lot of time ^.^

BudRenardGriffonPilot

BudRenardGriffonPilot

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you! I was literally loosing my head around this issue, I suspected the update  to be behind this problem, hope this will be the last, Capcom really messing over the game in any way possibile on pc, i'ts just frustrating at  this point

Edited by BudRenardGriffonPilot, 06 December 2020 - 07:13 PM.

WyvernCutless

WyvernCutless

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
In response to post #87724283. #87725148, #87725163 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

SpecialK hasn't provided meaningful performance improvements for a long time now. It also messes with the game (which is already pretty poorly coded) in ways which can cause severe instability and other issues.

Most of the performance issues have been patched by now anyway but if you have a weaker CPU (well, less threads) you're way better off just using Strackers + Performance plugin.

Reshade, while it will affect performance, allows you to apply various shaders and is overall less intrusive than SpecialK. Personally I use it to get actually decent AA because the ingame implementations are absolutely horrible (they just blur everything like crazy)

AndreOfAstora420

AndreOfAstora420

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you so much for this, game looks insanely dried out without reshade. Call me an idiot if you must but this process is a pain in the ass to do without a visual walk-through, if someone could even just post screenshots of where to put the files etc would be amazing, as of currently I do not understand how to get this to work and load my preset properly. Thanks again!

L1ghtdot

L1ghtdot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
what hair is this on 2. and 3.  screen? 

modkingrigz

modkingrigz

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
In response to post #87724283. #87725148, #87725163, #87734233 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

SK lack shaders.

skyrim9527

skyrim9527

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you so much mate you help save a life.

Zalthre

Zalthre

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
thank you a lot for having solved this issue without too many complicated workarounds

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds