Ozen8

Ozen8

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Im dumb af but 

"Load order

Put Lux at the bottom of your load order. Only Dyndolod and occlusion should be loaded after a lighting mod.
Since I'm not using LOOT, I don't know if it's able to sort Lux and all patches properly so here's my current load order:

Stuff (utilitaries, animations, weapons, armors and items, fx & weather, interior and exterior overhauls, patches)
Lux
Lux - Distinct interiors patch (I didn't test lower but never load it below Markarth's Silver blood inn overhaul or you'll get lighting issues
Lux - patches (other than those listed below)
Lux - new content patches (Silver Blood inn overhaul for example)
Lux -  Sounds of Skyrim patch
Lux - Language pack patch (FR only for now)
Lux - Interior complete change patches such as COTN or Great Cities cause they implement new buildings and they often have different LTs, so language and sound packs shouldn't be loaded after this ones.
ENB nightvision fix (not necessarily that low but since it's editing LTs, no one knows !)
DynDolod
Occlusion"

You mentioned to put Lux on the bottom but why did you listed it here at the top? Also is that Lux.esp? 
Im quite new with modding so. im not really good with this stuff, yet

GGUNIT

GGUNIT

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,660 posts
In response to post #111265968.

Spoiler

By "Stuff" above Lux I meant everything else. ^ ^

Load order isn't rocket science, just a bit tedious cause you need to know what plugins you're installing are for and what other mods they're depending on. Long story short Lux needs to be sorted last cause all lighting templates are in cell headers, which means that each time a mod is editing a cell it's also forcing its own lighting templates (vanilla mostly). The only way to fix that is load order and patches.

Then you need to sort all Lux patches, first ones should be all generic patches (sound, language, embers or mods that are messing with many cells such as Distinct interiors). Then you need to load new content (JK's, Cities of the North, my own variants etc.), next will be all combo patches (JK+COTN, JK+variant etc.). You can do that for each location specifically or for all at the same time, it doesn't matter much as long as no patch has a master loaded after it. 

For example let's say you're using JK's Skyrim and Cities of the North Morthal. You'll need to load Lux first, then both JK's and COTN patches, and finally the combo JK+COTN patch. That last patch needs all previous patches to work so if you're loading it before the others you'll crash. Golden rule, you can't load a master before its slave. If a mod depends on another one (its master) you have to load it after it or your game won't simply load.

It's all about logic, you can just sort your plugins mods by mods. Usually I'm sorting plugins depending on authors, putting all JK's overhauls at the same spot etc. Having a readable load order can help, hence why I'm not relying on LOOT cause I can't understand a thing about my load order once it has been automatically sorted.

Check my FOMOD too, with overcomplicated combos I'm usually writing something about the load order you need in the FOMOD install directly.

stan33

stan33

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi ! I just remake my cities overhaul for a new game, and i discover this :
Spoiler

The first pic come from The Great City of Kynegrove, and the second from TGC Winterhold. But i find clipping in other TGC mod like Rorikstead or Dragonbridge. I think the adjustement and placement are made for the mod EmberXD who have smaller fireplace. I just want to know if you can make a patch for users like me who use vanilla/inferno meshes ?

Edited by stan33, 02 July 2022 - 10:37 AM.

Ozen8

Ozen8

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #111265968. #111268953 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you for answering. I'm understood quite a bit now and this is my arrangement; and if its wrong, please just tell me coz I'm still learning.

https://i.imgur.com/Jq3irP0.png
As for the green box, I'm not sure which one should be at the top(priority) so I just placed .esm at the highest and follow by the other 2 .esp (I assumed there are both flagged as .esm?)
The red box, I placed Lux Via at the top coz that the MAIN file, right? and then NLA (lighting). Next is alternative start, I read your other comment and you wrote, Lux still need to be sorted last. So I did that and then finally Lux.esp along with its patches.

https://i.imgur.com/Vdb0gyl.png
As for this one, If I were to add "JK's Skyrim and Cities of the North Morthal", by my understanding, I should place it at the blue line, right? and then below it will be its patches and again, the last one will be Lux.esp + patches.

I did try and run the game and so far, no crash but tbf, there's too little mod in it so its hard to tell lmao

*I'm a little bit of confuse with your wording here, "You'll need to load Lux first, then both JK's and COTN patches, and finally the combo JK+COTN patch.".. When you said LOAD, do you mean the plugin at the BOTTOM order and then going UP? like this? https://i.imgur.com/O73v1om.png

I apologized if this is not the right place to ask and only cluttering your post.

GGUNIT

GGUNIT

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,660 posts
In response to post #111265968. #111268953, #111276588 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Load the Resource pack first, in case of. This one is now a master for most of my mods, it doesn't hurt to load it first then. You can load the other master plugins next.
Via esp (light plugin) is only used to prevent other mods from overwriting the few changes I'm doing on bridges and their surrounding landscape/navmeshes. You don't even have to use it if it's not needed but you can keep it near the bottom if you're not quite sure, in case of.

If you want to add other overhauls such as JK's Skyrim or whatever just load them between your utility mods and all lighting mods at the bottom. The weather plugin shouldn't conflict much so its load order can vary but try to load it before my mods cause I'm editing some weathers for interiors already.

By loading Lux first I was only talking about my mods load order. ^ ^
You should load such patch as USSEP or no grass in caves right after Lux in case of. Some patches may need to overwrite more "general" mods like that. If you're not sure about masters or if you still have some crashes install Wrye Bash and open it through your mod organizer. All plugins missing their masters or loaded the wrong way will be red (the check box on the left), thus you can easily track any rogue plugin and even sort them directly on Wrye Bash, it'll save your new load order upon closing.

GGUNIT

GGUNIT

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,660 posts
In response to post #111270928.

Spoiler

I'm doing a pass on the whole mod right now so I'll check TGC patches and I'll reduce embers scaling. Better adjust or remove my edits than doing another patch. ^ ^
In the meanwhile you can still load this plugins on xEdit and forward TGC refs over mine.

itisbartolomeo

itisbartolomeo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
In response to post #111253368. #111264888 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah it's gotta be occlusion since when I get close the walls come back (sometimes lol). I'll check it out, and thanks!

Westland95

Westland95

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
No patch for Immersive Fort Dawnguard? :(

stan33

stan33

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
In response to post #111289398.

Spoiler

Skurkbro made one with other like Vigilant, Darkend, Clockwork, etc. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62550
It's unofficial but like the good Godd Howard once said "it's just work" ; )

germanlord

germanlord

• Premium Member
  • 17 posts
In response to post #111181743. #111190058, #111204903, #111227818, #111233003 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hey again GGUNIT

This picture (see link) is from Embershardmine. All torches emit such a faint light, that the hallway is completly dark. This is the same "problem" as we earlier talked about. Is it possible to increase the light from torches a bite more without raising all other sources?

Thanks in advance!

Link to picture: https://ibb.co/VqM2sRg

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.970 seconds