Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

I can't model or texture worth a damn, but I'm pretty good at drawing swords. If you guys need someone to do the concept art, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: In fact, I have a rough sketch of it already. If there's something I always thought Skyrim lacks, it's a signature unique sword. So, a concept like this had been rolling around in my head for some time now.

Great! Can you upload your sketch??

Everyone, Hoth replied to my PM, I've asked him to take a look at the idea! Fingers crossed...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out I was more productive than I expected. Here's the basic lineart, with a Steel sword for scale:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9840/dovahkiinswordlineart.jpg

I hope you like it, though changes can still be made. I may try a version with less taper and smaller runes.

As you can see I made it marginally larger than the steel sword, which is already one of the longer one-handed swords, so it should be fairly intimidating.

Assuming I didn't screw up, the dragon script on the blade should read: Him Thu'um Drun Zui Rhagol, which means "Your Voice Bring(s) My Rage."

The finished colored version depends a bit on what we want the sword to be made out of. I was thinking ebony for the blade an a mix of dragonbone and gold for the hilt. All the really good stuff in this game seems to be made out of ebony, so I figured it would be the natural choice for something like this. Though, if you have other suggestions, let me know.

Edited by Relativelybest

Turns out I was more productive than I expected. Here's the basic lineart, with a Steel sword for scale:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9840/dovahkiinswordlineart.jpg

I hope you like it, though changes can still be made. I may try a version with less taper and smaller runes.

As you can see I made it marginally larger than the steel sword, which is already one of the longer one-handed swords, so it should be fairly intimidating.

Assuming I didn't screw up, the dragon script on the blade should read: Him Thu'um Drun Zui Rhagol, which means "Your Voice Bring(s) My Rage."

The finished colored version depends a bit on what we want the sword to be made out of. I was thinking ebony for the blade an a mix of dragonbone and gold for the hilt. All the really good stuff in this game seems to be made out of ebony, so I figured it would be the natural choice for something like this. Though, if you have other suggestions, let me know.

NICE!!!! :D

Very nice design, congratz! Though I prefer the left side being identical to the right side of the blade, it's simply gorgeous!

And you read my mind, I also was thinking to myself that the sword should be a bit larger than the steel sword.

I like your suggestions for the materials, and i'll make my own...the blade could be something made out of the skyforge MANY years/centuries age, some skyforge ebony. Like Valyrian Steel, a metal somewhat blackish, or like the Oathkeeper, black with red waves, i dunno :P

I'd change the ring in the middle of the grip, that looks like it can hurt the weilder's hand after a few swings.

Very nice work! Oh man, someone HAS to pick up this project!!!!

Edited by pmnavatar

NICE!!!! :biggrin:

Very nice design, congratz! Though I prefer the left side being identical to the right side of the blade, it's simply gorgeous!

I prefer it to be asymmetrical, but that's just how I imagined it. Honestly, it's not important to me. Let me whip up a pair of symmetrical ones pretty quickly so we can see what they'd look like.

And you read my mind, I also was thinking to myself that the sword should be a bit larger than the steel sword.

I like your suggestions for the materials, and i'll make my own...the blade could be something made out of the skyforge MANY years/centuries age, some skyforge ebony. Like Valyrian Steel, a metal somewhat blackish, or like the Oathkeeper, black with red waves, i dunno :P

I could try to photoshop some sort of damascus-ebony, though texturing isn't my strong side. Anyway, the important thing is that we agree on the basic coloring so I have something to go by.

I'd change the ring in the middle of the grip, that looks like it can hurt the weilder's hand after a few swings.

Sure, I can make it flatter, though I don't really agree. I mostly I thought the grip would look more interesting with a complex shape. Fantasy swords, and especially video game fantasy swords, will usually prioritize a certain aestetic far above realism, which I don't think is a bad thing. It's not like it's going to trouble your character any.

That said, I'm pretty sure I've seen some real iron age swords that did have hilts like that. So it's not completely implausible. A lot of swords look less comfortable than they are.

Anyway, it's just a concept. We should keep in mind that it may not actually end up looking quite like that anyway. The final results depends a lot on the person who actually ends up making it - the only other time I've designed a sword for a mod was Eruanna, aka the Rider's Blade, and the finished model did end up looking a bit different from my drawing. Not bad, but different. That's usually how it goes when multiple artists work on the same project.

Edited by Relativelybest