Trans Inquisitor Dialogue with Krem

iz1235

Hey, so I'm pretty new to the modding scene, especially for this game since I still only have like 50 hours in it. But when going through Krem's backstory dialogue, I found some of the questions that you need to ask him to get the information pretty uncomfortable. Obviously, it's a unique fantasy setting and not every character is going to be well-versed in gender theory, but I was wondering if there is any way to add new dialogue options that essentially open up the possibility of going "Yeah, me too." with Krem, or showing any more understanding. The phrasing in particular where I can't say anything other than implying that Krem is actually a woman when discussing it bothers me. I think that just having my big dumb Inquisitor (as much as I love my himbo) bumble through this dialogue with no way to indicate at all that you are trans gets on my nerves sometimes.
If nobody is into making this mod, but wants to give me some tips on dialogue modding, that would be great too!

• 4 months later...

I had trouble recently working on a different mod with creating new dialogue wheel options, and ultimately couldn't figure out how to do it. That said, it's easy enough to REMOVE dialogue options (I have done this for a personal mod successfully).

The thing about the dialogue/subtitle text is that they're all packaged as pre-existing strings, and I don't know if there's a way to edit them. (Please someone let me know if there is and I just don't know about it.) I haven't tested this, but I think it would be doable to swap the audio file/dialogue choice text string/subtitle text string to effectively convert an existing dialogue exchange to a new one.

I have a bad habit of modding games but not playing them until after I've done a lot of modding, so I didn't know about Krem and am happy he exists. And frustrating in a game that leaves so much of your character's backstory/experience open-ended that you're locked into responding in particular ways.

• 1 month later...

I have zero experience with modding whatsoever, but I think this would be a wonderful idea. It bothers me that there's not really a way to have your Inquisitor react in a supportive manner - it's either ask a bunch of invasive questions or not address the topic at all.

I have zero experience with modding whatsoever, but I think this would be a wonderful idea. It bothers me that there's not really a way to have your Inquisitor react in a supportive manner - it's either ask a bunch of invasive questions or not address the topic at all.

If someone is willing to tell me what dialogue prompts/speech from other conversations would make sense in that conversation, popping them in would be easy enough. It's the creative aspect I'm bad at.