MO2 and FCOM + mod suggestions? Also EVE for FCOM.

Derethim

Hey there!

I've got a couple of questions regarding MO2 and the popular FCOM compilation. I prefer to use that over Maskar's, because of MMM and Francesco's, so I want to be using that. But there's a problem - I've had to install Francesco's through Wrye Bash, since I couldn't find-out what parts of that mod to manually install, making me miss-out on MO2's feature of switching back-and-forth between mod setups. I did so with FCOM and MMM as well, just to see if it will work if I install OOO through MO2 and it did.

But how do I find what parts of Francesco's are used for FCOM and what esps and data should I install?

Another question - MO2 uses LOOT, which is terrible for Oblivion. If I use BOSS on the side, will it fix LOOT's messing with my load order? As I understand it - MO2's priority means; the higher a mod is in priority, the more dominant it is in the loadorder and it will overwrite the ones before it, or should, right?

I also started using the FCOM and HGEC EVE patch, but, for some reason, EVE FCOM is overwriting my HGEC install. I want to use the "More revealing armor" and "EVE for BBB" and only have the FCOM compatibility on FCOM items, but it overrides even vanilla armor. What should I do to fix it? My preffered mods are higher in priority. I'm also using OCOv2 seamless with all the patches for BBB, HGEC and Robert's and everything except FCOM, MMM and Fran's is isntalled with MO2, mostly manually, BAIN where applicable. I have OBMM to deal with ArchiveInvalidation and BSA timestamps and extractions and Wrye for bashed patch, should I find the need to use it.

By the way, would you recommend using OBGE Reloaded with some ini customizations and compatible ENB, or should I try a combination of different water and graphics mods instead? OCO, Seamless, OBGE and FCOM make for a pretty hard install and i'm using MO2 on top of it. Don't want to mess this up - so far, I've only had trouble with green orc ears, which I've fixed with a patch from Nexus. My load order is mostly crap, but I can tell what issues come from load order, so i'll fix that up later on. OBGE is a biatch, though. It makes my game pretty unstable, as it adds a lot of clutter, sucha as pointless extra animations and such and is not just a graphics mod.

Also planning on installing Better Cities and COBL, but that should go smoothly. I also have compatibility patches ready and Ayleid Steps for more fun. Any more mods you can recommend? :D Thanks in advance.

Install the mod you want to dominate last and also put it last in the load order, the later it loads the better for that mod. I do like Maskar's and cannot answer about FCOM as I will be very careful what I combine so be sure you test and save and close the game and test your save games early, after visiting some cities. MMM did put something in a cell south of the cloud temple, which made my last game to constantly crash there, so I flushed it, made a new list of mods I want to play and left out everything I do not need. The thing with all Overhauls is that they are all cool but not if a whole cell gets corrupt in game.

The Bash Patch will fix level lists and stuff like that anyway... So be sure to use and make that patch from Bash.

MOO's biggest advantage is that everything is scripted, the levelists, well everything, which means Maskar do not touch many cells at all and those scripts are a beauty to read as well. The Outposts as one example are completely scripted as when you open such a cell in CS, it is emptied except for an Xmarker... That makes at least MOO extremely stabile and together with WAC, it rocks I think and he made sure that MOO and WAC works perfect together and recommend it. This is my cup of tea... ;) You increase the spawn rate and difficulty in the ini files, if you want it rougher...

I put WAC before the Bash Patch and MOO after the patch but it can be placed anywhere really as it do not do anything until you are in game anyway. I sent Maskar some recipes and tools and stuff so lets see when he adds them as I do like his crafting system :) -> COBL cooking. ;) You did mention COBL and it rocks, specially the alchemy sorter but it has many other useful stuff. My current project use COBL as base as it is a must to have, for me at least and all that wish to use it. ;)

Install the mod you want to dominate last and also put it last in the load order, the later it loads the better for that mod. I do like Maskar's and cannot answer about FCOM as I will be very careful what I combine so be sure you test and save and close the game and test your save games early, after visiting some cities. MMM did put something in a cell south of the cloud temple, which made my last game to constantly crash there, so I flushed it, made a new list of mods I want to play and left out everything I do not need. The thing with all Overhauls is that they are all cool but not if a whole cell gets corrupt in game.

The Bash Patch will fix level lists and stuff like that anyway... So be sure to use and make that patch from Bash.

MOO's biggest advantage is that everything is scripted, the levelists, well everything, which means Maskar do not touch many cells at all and those scripts are a beauty to read as well. The Outposts as one example are completely scripted as when you open such a cell in CS, it is emptied except for an Xmarker... That makes at least MOO extremely stabile and together with WAC, it rocks I think and he made sure that MOO and WAC works perfect together and recommend it. This is my cup of tea... :wink: You increase the spawn rate and difficulty in the ini files, if you want it rougher...

I put WAC before the Bash Patch and MOO after the patch but it can be placed anywhere really as it do not do anything until you are in game anyway. I sent Maskar some recipes and tools and stuff so lets see when he adds them as I do like his crafting system :smile: -> COBL cooking. :wink: You did mention COBL and it rocks, specially the alchemy sorter but it has many other useful stuff. My current project use COBL as base as it is a must to have, for me at least and all that wish to use it. :wink:

Might have been a creature spawning, that wasn't compatible with the mod and was missing it's meshes, but then the game would display the "WTF" message. Probably a missing texture or on incompatibility.

WarCry and MOO are also extremely out of lore and if you remove everything, that is not lore, you'll end up with a pretty barebones mod. I personally turn WC off and use FCOM without it. It's just there for the masters, but i'm using FCOMWarCryNoSpawn.esp

Bashed should be always last, if i'm not wrong. I can only install COBL after FCOM and Better Cities and I still don't know what to use from Frans in order to install it with MO2 :/

I guess it was a mesh that was not right for sure. I took the decision to start all over anyway as it was not fun to play a broken setup. I changed loads of stuff before I restarted the new char.

Lore: That might be true but I do feel that any mod that adds new monster types are in some way out of lore. I do not mind that though. :) I never tested Fran, just MMM and MOO/WAC

Well it all depends really with the bashed patch as what it do is trying to put level lists, NPC's, merchants, cells and some other stuff together and if a mod does not have things that fits to be in the patch, then it doesn't matter. MOO will not be added to the patch no matter where you would put it because it doesn't have anything that fits in the patch as far as I know or have seen. WAC does, but not MOO but as MOO handle WAC, then it doesn't matter anyway. If I am not 100% sire if a mod fits in the patch, then I put it before it but if I am sure it doesn't fit, then after, if BOSS do not know what it is and pit it right.

I have my project last in load order as I edit it daily and do not touch any public lvllists anyway nor cells outside my area. When I get to the quests later that will take part in standard dungeons, I will not touch them in CS as I will script everything myself and it will be like I did never been there at all nor any player that use it or do those quests. I will only peek in the dungeons in CS, nothing else. :)