• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

AshyHusky

AshyHusky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
In response to post #90512243. #90512698 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

what are the mod limits anyways?

Darkernard

Darkernard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
I really don't get why there still isn't the option to sort the load order manually via drag&drop like any other respectable mod manager. LOOT can often times mess it up and even when it gets it right, it could still be optimized further and the rules system is just so convoluted. Instead a simple drag&drop system would work perfectly fine and allow users the level of freedom they feel is lacking when using vortex. The load order sorting is one of the main reason people switch to MO2 (the second being that mo2 uses a fully virtual folder system that actually never touches the data folder), so I can only see it as something in the best interest of who's developing vortex

C3pa

C3pa

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
In response to post #90512243. #90512698, #90577488 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

For example, you can only load 255 plugins in Morrowind. With new MWSE up to 1024.

GrimTech

GrimTech

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 310 posts
I dunno who, but not me for sure, who would use the `Auto-shutdown Vortex and your PC when downloads are finished` not being an ass or anything, just curious to who and why.

Didaskos

Didaskos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
In response to post #90591823.

Spoiler

... Er, anyone who wants their PC to shutdown after it's finished downloading stuff? It's kinda self explanatory. It's pretty much the same logic as setting your PC to turn off its screen or go to sleep after a certain amount of time.

It's a small quality of life feature that plenty of people would appreciate, even if they weren't particularly vocal about it.

neuroc5

neuroc5

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 270 posts
Despite the changelog saying it will allow you to install new extensions for subnautic and below-zero I get an error when I try to do so stating that the extension is not available. Please fix.

neuroc5

neuroc5

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 270 posts
In response to post #90552258. #90562988, #90570828 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

So you felt compelled to come here months later and say that?

IfIHadATail007

IfIHadATail007

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 237 posts
In response to post #90523988. #90534253 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

So by "straight forward", I'd assume something that doesn't actually require you to go into the plugins page and set individual items by group and index.  That is, you'd like to just drag and drop things around without any intelligence built into the system to prevent you from making a CTD mistake with your game, correct?  My experience so far has been that people who want "manual LO option" haven't looked at that early loaders, late loaders, low priority and high priority overrides categories in the "group" column on "Plugins", because that's essentially where you can set LO tweaks.  No, you can't just freely drag and drop, but that feature of other managers causes more headache for mod developers than probably any other "feature" that things like MO and NMM provide because the uninitiated move things around and then come running to a mod's author when they experience problems.  Here's a feature I'd like to see:  Once a playthrough started, your LO is locked so that you can't move, add to or in any other way alter your LO mid-playthrough.  What'cha think of that feature request for mod manager like Vortex?

drowningoutthefury

drowningoutthefury

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
In response to post #90523988. #90534253, #90625613 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

yes, noob modders tend to mess up their build / load order, but that's on them and also part of the learning curve. you try, you experience and eventually, maybe, you know what you're doing. i thought you knew that, being all iNiTiAtEd and s***.

putting your hands on the hips and being like "people don't need manual load order, they're too dumb to use it anyway" in a condescending tone isn't exactly a solution. if sorting a 150 plugin load order with the vortex pRiORiTy bs is your thing, go for it. go full retard even, you're almost there.

nexus / vortex doesn't want to implement proper, manual load order management. that's cool, it's their product. but they're not freaking microsoft. they can't dictate the narrative and ignore their consumers and expect them to just roll over. it's embarrassing, really. so desperately trying to push vortex, praising higher user numbers (0,002 percent more this quarter, yay) while leaving out the one feature most potential users want and that probably would make vortex much more popular overnight.

i can understand a small companies need for monetization, we all gotta eat. but whatever bigger picture they're trying to achieve with this load order circus is beyond me. there will never be a completely automated load order sorting process, at least in the foreseeable future. mods grow organically and need to be handled manually in many cases. tinker, tinker, strong bored.

if the goal is to attract as much lowest common denominator dipshits as possible, then why not give one year premium for free to every entitled brat and or neckbeard, that bothers creators with their "where is the non dlc version" dysfunction. also defending management no matter what could give a nice bootlicker badge.

Corpsehatch

Corpsehatch

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,279 posts
In response to post #90523988. #90534253, #90625613, #90627453 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I see Vortex as a beginner's mod manager for those that don't know the ins-and-outs of modding yet.  Honestly this is why I don't use Vortex.  I've been modding since the Oblivion days.  Over time I gained the experience need to not break my game with mods.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.209 seconds