• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

kennylchester

kennylchester

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thank you all very much you all is the best making the game palybl again thank you thank you your fiend kenny

IrradiatedSalmon

IrradiatedSalmon

• Premium Member
  • 14 posts
I just got news on my Vortex about a Jurassic World Evolution update and I tried downloading it so I can use Vortex to mod the game and every time I download it, it says it needs to restart Vortex to apply changes, so I do that, then I look at the plugin and it says that the plugin has failed.

erlange00

erlange00

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I know you guys might have developed Vortex on a certain framework with an aim of running on multiplatform but I think it needs to employ more intuitive desktop UI conformance such as keyboard shortcuts for desktop users, resizable grids, etc.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,754 posts
In response to post #91029088.

Spoiler

You might be using an out of date version of Vortex as I can't replicate this. With the extension loaded, double click it to see the info panel which will tell you what the problem is.

Posted Image

TorinCollector

TorinCollector

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
a) When I let Vortex "check for updates", it would be very helpful if not only the enabled mods are checked but all including disabled and not installed mods -> I could download mods / disable mods with bugs and wait for an updated AND VORTEX would inform me when the updated is ready.  That would be really cool.

b) Skyrim SE: It would be nice if the Mod Staging Folder could be on another drive than the game. My small SSD gets really full from just one game.

Thanks a lot for Vortex.

Edited by TorinCollector, 26 February 2021 - 04:40 PM.

Litbifta

Litbifta

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In response to post #90542673. #90542838, #90545668, #90547493, #90547813, #90849293 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

id kill just for the option to switch between the new style and the old nmm style on the fly

OmegaCarpenter

OmegaCarpenter

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts
In response to post #90581203.

Spoiler

Dont stop asking them for it, you arent the only person who wants this in the community. Hopefully they will hear you out and give the option to do this, just gotta keep bringing it to their attention.

OmegaCarpenter

OmegaCarpenter

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts
In response to post #90524763. #90534223 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Keep letting the Vortex team know what features you want, im sure you have and they already know, but if you stay persistent and bring it up when you can they will be more inclined to add those features in. Especially if you are requesting for new features rather then what some people are doing which is straight up hating Vortex for not being like NMM or MO2

OmegaCarpenter

OmegaCarpenter

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts
In response to post #90523988. #90534253, #90625613, #90627453, #90628118, #90628388, #90720783, #90752568 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

The experienced modders who see Vortex as a beginners mod manager are some of the most important people to give critical feedback to the Vortex team, dont ever stop giving them legitimate feedback on Vortex if you ever want to see it become your ideal mod manager. Developing a tool that is not only very easy to use for beginners but also capable and versatile enough to be the perfect and ideal tool for experienced modders is only going to be possible with your legitimate and honest feedback and the Vortex teams willingness and desire to make the very best mod manager for everyone from beginners to experienced modders.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 19,625 posts
In response to post #90523988. #90534253, #90625613, #90627453, #90628118, #90628388, #90720783, #90752568, #91254998 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Manual load ordering is unnecessary and unneeded in Vortex, I used to ask for Manual Load Ordering too, until I learned to rethink how to mod with Vortex.
It takes away the problem of having to micromanage and obsess over your PLUGIN Load Order.

LOOT is built into Vortex, so you don't HAVE to manually adjust your load order, because it's done for you. (Turn on Autosort)

That lets you focus on the more important things, of the proper loading of textures, meshes, BSAs, BA2s etc in the proper order to get the correct things to show in your game.
Another nice thing, say you have two texture Mods, Mod A, and Mod B, and the Mod Description page says "Make sure that you install Mod A AFTER Mod B, so the textures in my mod, overwrite some of the ones in Mod B"

Now, with NMM if you do that in the wrong order, you have to uninstall BOTH mods, and reinstall them in the correct order.
With Vortex, when Vortex says there's a file conflict between Mod A and Mod B, you tell Vortex to have Mod A LOAD AFTER Mod B.
If you accidentally tell Vortex to load Mod B AFTER Mod A, then you just need to change the rule to load Mod A AFTER Mod B, and Vortex automatically restores the overwritten files, and overwrites the correct ones.

I've been modding since Morrowind came out, and the way I mod with Vortex now, is I download anywhere from 150 to 300 mods at a time, and THEN install them in any order I want, (Some day, I'm going to try and hit the INSTALL ALL button on 300 mods at once) then I make a rule for each mod that Vortex reports has a conflict, which out of 300 mods, may end up being around 20 LOAD AFTER rules I have to make, and I'm done.
Built in LOOT does all the heavy lifting on the PLUGINS tab, I turn on AutoSort, and hit sort, and I'm good to go.

People can still download NMM and screw up their plugin load order as badly as they want, because NMM has ingrained in all of us that we need to worry and obsess over the OPLUGIN load order, because it was nothing more than a Mod Downloader and Installer, but couldn't do anything more than that.
But don't come to a Vortex Release/Feature thread and complain about how you hate Vortex when it's obvious that a lot of the people complaining about it have never used it, (trust me, it's easy to tell when someone is complaining about Vortex and has never used it) and are just jumping on the "Hate Vortex" Bandwagon.
That's like arguing against getting a pay raise.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.888 seconds