Mod request: Playstation 4 controller UI

Bartinga

Greetings,

As I'm so used to the PS4 controller, I would love it if someone would offer a mod with the UI of the PS4 controller buttons.

While on Steam the PlayStation Configuration support is on, for all games it will always show the Xbox controller UI. Anyone else experiencing this? I've always thought that it might be a bug with Steam. Think that I will report it as one, one of these days. I would suggest that anyone else with the same problem should do the same.

The game already supports DS4, but only with wired connection. Right click the game in Steam, select Properties and from a drop down menu for "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" choose "Forced Off". I can't try it since I'm playing it on EGS and it works there out of the box, but it always worked for other games that have native support. Basically what happens is that Steam prioritizes emulating the DS4 as an XBO controller so the game recognizes it as such even if it supports the DS4 natively.

The game already supports DS4, but only with wired connection. Right click the game in Steam, select Properties and from a drop down menu for "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" choose "Forced Off". I can't try it since I'm playing it on EGS and it works there out of the box, but it always worked for other games that have native support. Basically what happens is that Steam prioritizes emulating the DS4 as an XBO controller so the game recognizes it as such even if it supports the DS4 natively.

I play with a wired connection, else it won't play at all. Don't know what DS4 is, but will give it a shot.

Edit: Wow, it works! Playing the game has become a lot more easier. Thanks a million, momafcrs! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bartinga

I play with a wired connection, else it won't play at all. Don't know what DS4 is, but will give it a shot.

Edit: Wow, it works! Playing the game has become a lot more easier. Thanks a million, momafcrs! :thumbsup:

Sure thing, enjoy! DS4 is short for DualShock 4, an official name for PS4 controller. :smile:

Edited by momafcrs

Would it still be possible to make a mod for standard DS4 icons, even with input coming from Steam/Xinput? :laugh:

I would like to play wirelessly with my DS4 on the couch and have the right icons on the screen. If I remember correctly, there was such a mod for Witcher 3 right?

Unfortunately I have nothing to do with modding, otherwise I would try it myself haha

Thanks and Greetings :laugh:

Edited by brama0309