Thalmor Hit Squads, or Why You Shouldn't Shout in Public

Sykez

Okay. I'm gonna say this straight-up: I don't have the skills to do what I'm proposing here. I've tried looking at scripts, but it just made my head approach the cusp of exploding violently.

So here's what I'm thinking: The Dragonborn is dangerous. Scary dangerous. But more importantly, he's a wildcard. He does as he pleases, and he does it for whatever reason he fancies at that moment. For the Thalmor, the Dragonborn would be an obnoxious problem, especially if he forges ahead to try and stop the civil war before both sides have exhausted themselves.

What I propose is this: A modification to the "Hey, Dragonborn, stop yelling in public" script. Instead of only having a courier deliver him a letter, there should be a chance of a Thalmor hit squad, all decked up in Elven armor, to come and try to ruin his day. I even wrote up a little letter that could be left on the corpses to let the player know it wasn't a random elf attack.

Assignment: Terminate <Alias=Player>, the <Alias.Race=AliasName>.

While we would prefer that you minimize collateral damage, it is up to you as to how you approach your objective. <Alias=Player> is to be considered armed and extremely dangerous. Eliminating <Alias=Player> will ensure that our opposition cannot use <Alias.PronounObj=Player> to their advantage.

We trust that you will use discretion in choosing when to strike. If you are discovered, we will deny any and all involvement.

Honestly, I just want to fight the Thalmor more. This would allow that, while also making them more actively hostile towards the Dragonborn. So it's a win-win for everyone!

I have also been wanting to see this. I always thought it was weird that you never really saw the Thalmor after crashing their party and the whole deal with Esbern. It would also be great if there was a chance of a Thalmor or hired assassin instead of a hit squad. Unfortunately, I don't currently know enough about scripting to pull this off. I'll definitely look into it though.

Awesome stuff! I just want to see more Thalmor, period. They're these evil, nebulous... dudes, who... hate freedom. I guess. But you barely even see them, outside of the main story. It doesn't feel like they acknowledge the Dragonborn at all, while I feel like they'd be actively trying to silence him.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm and once Dovahkiin gains the Dragon Summoning shouts and the Bend Will Shout (Maybe some of the more powerful shouts like Storm Call) They'll get far more aggressive and more anxious to your rising power (Maybe some remaining Blades will come out of hiding to help)