[Mod Request] Does Anyone else fell that the driving physics is off?

LivingInDarkness

Hi,

I played for about 10 hours and the physics of the cars started to get really annoying. No car should be able to turn so sharply or stop so abruptly. CP2077 is set in the future but inertia, momentum and Newton's Laws are immutable. If there is any more or less easy way to adjust the characteristics of cars or the game physics itself?

It's not a driving simulator but it does spoil the sense of immersion for me. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Hope someone feel the same way.

Hi,
I played for about 10 hours and the physics of the cars started to get really annoying. No car should be able to turn so sharply or stop so abruptly. CP2077 is set in the future but inertia, momentum and Newton's Laws are immutable. If there is any more or less easy way to adjust the characteristics of cars or the game physics itself?
It's not a driving simulator but it does spoil the sense of immersion for me. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I watched Skill Up's review on YT and he recommended using a controller for driving rather than mouse and keyboard. You might already be on a console though.

Hi,

I watched Skill Up's review on YT and he recommended using a controller for driving rather than mouse and keyboard. You might already be on a console though.

I'm not using console, but i will try to use a controller.
I think the problem is not only in the sensitivity of the keys on the keyboard. There is also a problem with too much grip. While sliding, the car stops unnaturally quickly.
There was something else wrong, but I can't remember now.
I'll try to dig into the archives of the game myself. But it will take me too long to find something in this mess. It seems to be a matter of a few variables that need to be changed. But, as usual, things won't be that easy.
In the end, it is unlikely that something will work out because I do not know what I am doing, but I can no longer stand it and I need to do something about it. I hope someone more skillful will end my suffering faster than I can deal with it myself.

The physics aren't even close. But they aren't meant to be. This isn't Grand Turismo. Among driving games there are two categories... Arcade and Simulation. Arcade is games like the Need for Speed and Ridge Racer series'. Simulation is Grand Turismo and the NASCAR games. Almost any game which has driving but does not have driving as it's sole focus is going to be arcade style... GTA, Farcry, etc.

I will admit the driving in this game is far more forgiving than most Arcade driving games, however.

Edited by JadedDragoon

The physics aren't even close. But they aren't meant to be. This isn't Grand Turismo. Among driving games there are two categories... Arcade and Simulation. Arcade is games like the Need for Speed and Ridge Racer series'. Simulation is Grand Turismo and the NASCAR games. Almost any game which has driving but does not have driving as it's sole focus is going to be arcade style... GTA, Farcry, etc.

I will admit the driving in this game is far more forgiving than most Arcade driving games, however.

Didn't I say that I admit this game is not a simulator?

But in any case, I am glad to report that someone more experienced than me has begun to work in this direction.

Here is some links:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/270?tab=posts

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/210

God bless their hearts

Edited by LivingInDarkness

That mod is a step in the right direction but cars and bikes still feel pretty wonky. With cars, one problem is that the front wheels appear to steer in a desired direction faster than they re-center. If you round a square corner with full steering then no steering you'll find the car continuing to turn with no input, then you need to steer opposite to keep from hitting the curb, then you're in what aviators refer to as Pilot-Induced Oscillations, chasing the car instead of driving it.

Braking is another issue. Vanilla locks up the tires too quickly but cars stop faster when skidding than when they have traction. Conversely, with the mod it takes much longer to lock up on braking but it takes too long to stop. Bikes always lock up the moment you touch the brakes (even using a gamepad), that one feels like a typo in the physics.

That mod is a step in the right direction but cars and bikes still feel pretty wonky. With cars, one problem is that the front wheels appear to steer in a desired direction faster than they re-center. If you round a square corner with full steering then no steering you'll find the car continuing to turn with no input, then you need to steer opposite to keep from hitting the curb, then you're in what aviators refer to as Pilot-Induced Oscillations, chasing the car instead of driving it.

Braking is another issue. Vanilla locks up the tires too quickly but cars stop faster when skidding than when they have traction. Conversely, with the mod it takes much longer to lock up on braking but it takes too long to stop. Bikes always lock up the moment you touch the brakes (even using a gamepad), that one feels like a typo in the physics.

I completely agree with you, the car, no matter how powerful it is, does not want to drift, and does not slip at all. Many people complain that the cars slide too much, but I cannot understand these people. I believe that these people have never felt how a real car behaves in a drift.
These mods should perform better. I am using both of these mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/209?tab=description

Edited by LivingInDarkness