Archive Invalidation Invalidated

Vritravolkan

My recommendation: reinstall the game and reinstall NMCs then reinstall FOMM and under the Tools menu in FOMM recheck AII and try to play again.

(Here is your OP for convenience sake):

I Followed the instructions on the NMC to the tee. (also the invalidation thingy) and it worked at the strip, but no where else. So I deleted the invalidation thing, deleted the text inside the Fallout_default configuration file. and then went another way to do the activation invalidation thing. Deleted old text, copy n pasted the (This is what it should look like) txt under [Archive], and saved it.

But to no avail, it still doesn't work. And I believe somewhere along the line I messed it up. Also FOMM does not work for me when I click on Package Manager. Comes up with this: "Something bad seems to have happened" Here is the error message(crashdump):

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 9:59:42 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.get_LoginKey()
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.WebsiteLogin()
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager..ctor(MainForm mf)
at Fomm.MainForm.bPackageManager_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have no idea what to do, because Gopher's video would have saved me a lot of hassle, but I've been dealing with this for 4-5 hours trying to get this NMC Texture pack to work (Medium). I would really like help.

Plus I would try to uninstall it, but the author says to use some program that does not exist. And I don't want to uninstall Fallout New Vegas and all my mods, then reinstall them just to get old texture's back.

So can I please have help in trying to get this NMC Texture mod to work :smile:

P.S. If you have Avast! Premium, Ill let you assume control of my laptop so you can show me. And also I am using Windows 8 64bit

PLEASE HELP :biggrin:

Edit:
System Specs:
3rd Gen i7 Intel 3630QM Processor
6gb RaM
2gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
750 gb Hardrive

My recommendation: reinstall the game and reinstall NMCs then reinstall FOMM and under the Tools menu in FOMM recheck AII and try to play again.

Is there a way to back up all of my other mods? and my save file?

Edit:

So after I back up my mods and save (if possible) and delete fallout new vegas folder as a whole, and then delete Fallout Mod Manager.

Reinstall FalloutNV (copy n paste my old mods if possible / if not reinstall my mods) then reinstall FOMM. then Reinstall NMC Texture Pack? if it doesn't work through FOMM (activate invalidation invalidated) what do I use?

Edited by Vritravolkan

What other mods are you using? It's only a good idea to back up the files that are really necessary, otherwise you might as well not bother reinstalling.