New to Modding

Hi guys!

Karthaingo here; and I'm trying to learn to make my own mods. I've used so many from other mod authors around here, and I really wanted to take a crack at making some of my own. There are way too many inspirations to really take and make a long list to say thank you to.

But to my point; I am trying to learn, and I've figured out a few things here on my own but I am trying to figure out what sorts of tools I need beyond the creation kit to really get crafting the fun stuff like followers, custom weapons and armors, and all kinds of fun stuff. Is there a list of tools that could be helpful to me? I'd prefer the tools be free, but if they are at least reasonably priced that works too. I'll edit this post to include links to whatever tools y'all recommend.

Currently, I mostly work with The Legendary Edition, but if I can get the hang of this I'll be cranking them out for whichever version I can muster. I have been advised to check out NifSkope, Blender, and the Creation Kit through Steam, the latter of which I have learned a little bit about to change weapons (but not their appearances), and some of the features about NPC's.

Thanks again in advance! Hope to join the likes of you great modders soon!

I'd have totally been down had I known it existed. I appreciate that man, thank you. ^^