I can't load from startup menu, but I can load from in game :'

rickettn

My Problem:

I have a strange problem. I can't load most recent saves from the main menu. They CTD (crash to desktop). But most older saves load just fine and so does starting a new game. Unfortunately, I can't okay from an old file because new saves from that CTD when loaded from the main menu too! HEEEEEEEELP! :' {

Before it CTDs the game loads for an instant and I get a glimpse of:

-females have arms wide (like they have no idle animations, even though they do when I load old saves)

-males are just fine, shrugging animations, etc

My Story:

I stop playing the Dawnguard questline to browse the Nexus for mods. I found three animation mods and installed them. So I loaded Skyrim again and played. Mods worked well. After about 10 minutes I didn't like a mod (Edoin's Catwalk) and deactivated it. Anyway I'm not sure how I messed it up but I get CTD when loading from main menu now, but not from in-game.

• that's right, I used bullets.

Some Details:

• -I use the most recent Java and FNIS
  • -I run the Generator fo Users after installing and uninstalling animation mods.
  • -I have the newest SKSE
  • -I tried uninstalling all of them but that didn't help.

The mods I downoaded are:

• Edoin's Catwalk animation
  • Momo's Acrobatic Jump animation
  • Deathless Aphrodite's Sprint and Jump mod

Have you tried to start a new game (not a reinstall, just hitting "new" instead of "continue" or "load"?

What happens then?

I ask, because I suspect that you have orphaned scripts in your old game, from the removal of the bullets thing, perhaps. If you start a new game and the problems persist, though, it may be a problem related to your current mods.

The recommendation is:

1- Install the mods again so you can reload from your save.

2 - Read the uninstall instruction for each of them, follow it by the letter.

3 - Once you did it right, reload from the savegame and do a new savegame in a new slot. Hopefully it will be clean.

Sigh. So I thought I had fixed it.. I hadn't. I just avoided anything related to Dawnguard and my game seemed to be fine. And I figured, eventually I'll encounter something dawnguard, so I uninstalled it. Then walked into the College of Winterhold and FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR! Tried reinstaling Dawnguard, now it CTD right after the Bethesda animation. Sigh I broke it. Tried uninstalling mods and running the Generator to no avail. Might just be time for a reinstall of Skyrim

Seems your current game is toast. You can always add mods to a play thru but seldom drop them without some consequence that can eventually be a save killer. I've done it a few times now myself.