Your Method of Travel/Do You Fast Travel

Spacely8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no way I'd never fast travel, because in reality even the hardcore people that tell you they don't probably sprint with their horse anyway.

Never own or ride a Horse, never use Carriages and only sprint run in active combat.

I Fast Travel on three occasions...:

1/ From Ivarstead to High Hrothgar and back again...get too bored of the trip.

2/ When taking that guy from the Kynerath Temple to Eldergleem Grove...he dies too easily otherwise.

3/ When forced to travel with Serana...she drives me nuts.

Otherwise no Fast Travel what so ever....Fast Travel breaks my immersion and fun, I do use a Mod that adds unpredictable random encounters, that keeps things fresh and unexpected for me.

So how do you guys get around Skyrim? Do you fast travel or walk the plains?

I stopped fast travelling since a few hours into the game because it ruins the immersion for me. I have a lot of immersion mods, like Frostfall and Realistic Needs & Diseases, so I like finding a way to keep warm during snowstorms, collecting firewood to build a fire, camping, etc. It makes managing your stuff a lot more difficult too. It's more time consuming but you get to explore a lot more and see the beauty of Skyrim and stuff (especially with ENBs).

And my horse is my only companion.

However if I need to get allll the way directly across the map...I will use a carriage.

What about you guys?

as long i played this game i never fast travel i rather take the carriage than the instant wooops i am there

sure taking the carriage is also fast travel but atleast i can immerse myself in it

the only few times i fast traveled is when i forgot a important irtem or forgot to visit a important npc but thats rare

besides much more can happen while traveling than fast travel and nothing better to make the dovhakin happy than he or she slaying some vile bears, wolves thieves assasins whole traveling it makes skyrim a better place , not to mention all the ingredients you can collect under way

Once I got monster and graphics mods the sights and things to discover were too breathtaking for me to use fast travel. When I stopped using it I was pretty amazed at some of the things I had found. I'm sure there's still a lot I haven't found even. I recently discovered that old cult woman near the first 3 standing stones, I was pretty amazed lol.