Creating Custom Potion Recipes in Creation Kit

Vikingt

Basic question, How do I create my own poison recipe and have it craft-able to the alter. I can't find any posts related to this, a poison recipe, or a way to highlight the alchemy table for crafting. Suggestions please :)

Potion crafting is difficult. It isn't like cook pots or the forge where you can create a specific recipe. Potions are derived from at least two ingredients sometimes three. Each ingredient has up to four effects. The alchemy station combines those effects and if two or more are the same then a potion is created. There are base type potion items which it uses and then applies the derived effect magnitudes.

I believe that there was one mod which attempted to add new ingredients and potions. Whether or not it was successful, I do not know.

Most people go the easy route and have their custom potions/poisons made at the cook pot where they can create a normal recipe. However, if you prefer the alchemy station look, you can create a custom crafting station based on the alchemy station graphic and change it to create objects rather than do alchemy. Thus you'd have the look of alchemy mixing but the ease of creating a recipe for your potion/poison.

I dont think potions have regular recipes like armor and weapons; they are simply created by combining two or more ingredients with the same Magic Effect at an Alchemy table. So, if you wish to make your own unique potions, you would need to first create the ingredients which have the effects you wish the potion to have (or change the effects existing ingredients have) then go ahead and combine them at an Alchemy table.

Potion crafting is difficult. It isn't like cook pots or the forge where you can create a specific recipe. Potions are derived from at least two ingredients sometimes three. Each ingredient has up to four effects. The alchemy station combines those effects and if two or more are the same then a potion is created. There are base type potion items which it uses and then applies the derived effect magnitudes.

I believe that there was one mod which attempted to add new ingredients and potions. Whether or not it was successful, I do not know.

Most people go the easy route and have their custom potions/poisons made at the cook pot where they can create a normal recipe. However, if you prefer the alchemy station look, you can create a custom crafting station based on the alchemy station graphic and change it to create objects rather than do alchemy. Thus you'd have the look of alchemy mixing but the ease of creating a recipe for your potion/poison.

I like this idea, and TBH I hadn't thought about it this way lol. Thanks