Before I Mod COTW

TheWhiteWabbit

1. Will they get me banned?

2. Will they work on multiplayer?

3.How bout if we all have the same mods?

4.Will I need to disable mods to play multiplayer with my buddy?

BONUS: why do the devs and offocial forum moderators seem to have such a hate boner for modding cotw?

Thankyou in advance both for your answers and for the mods!

• 3 months later...

1. No you wont be banned . This only could happen if you start using mods-cheats in multiplayer you say what are you using to everybody

2. They should work on mp

3 I don´t understand this question

4 You don´t need disable mod to play multiplayer with your buddy, but don´t use mods- cheats (mod for more diamonds and others) in MP if you are playing with persons you don´t know.

Devs and official forum moderatos hate mods because a lot of people are using mods-cheats in multiplayer or in youtube for getting more diamonds and it would a big problem or maybe imposible use a vac system in this game.

Example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/thehuntercallofthewild/mods/30

Author says:

Please keep in mind that this is very much a cheating mod.
Please do keep it to yourself when using this mod and do not be dishonest about the fact that you used this mod.
If this mod would be a detriment to the community overall I'd have to take it down.

Other example:

Many players are reporting bugs in the game, but devs have discovered many bugs come from using mod with this game and they have used a lot of time trying resolve a problem that wouldn´t happen if some mods would have installed

Edited by turina3

At this time i have about 7,675 hours playing COTW...since February 2017.....The company EW that makes this game is a " joke" they have been addressed with 101 "important" <------KEY WORD issues /glitches, errors that the game still has and at the end of the day, they fix, or bring out whatever they want to do.....People here wastes time in doing their survey, when at the end, like i said its of no importance.

Yes, they are a small company, ( Maybe raise your prices and higher MORE developers )...

They dislike modding with a passion, they felt they were " exempt" from moddding a, that they were unique,.

They make the game difficult for beginning players and forget about getting RARE DIamonds...., A melanistic Elk Diamond??... Forget it, it wont happen An Albino Diamond Whitetail??... Forget it , it wont happen!!.

This is the reason why many modders make mods on this game because of them ..

• 1 month later...

The first and main reason I buy a game is to have FUN. Escape my real life difficulties to immerse into digital world where I can have moment of intense pleasure.

Call of the Wild is everything except that at some point. Why?

The made the game very hard:

When you start the game everything is junk (weapon, access to items, ...) I understand that could be a strategy to allow people to progress.

When you reach level 60 you stop there.

Perks are limited to 24 and most are junk i.e zeroing you think that work. I never use it anymore but still can shot at 300m or more

Skill some thing, I could write a book about their inefficiency.

Weapons: Which one is suitable for class 3 animal for example (.223, .243) forget all that not one single is worthy by the way the design it UNLESS you MOD

Animals: How a freaking dog can cost 45,000 ? when you shot Lion, Buffalo you have 1200, So I need to shot almost 40 animals to buy a dog?

OK let buy a DOG so what? spend time around you pushing you while you're aiming? removing your tents through the maps? moving in slow motion, finding only blood cannot track animals?

If I accept the dogs, let talk about item and weapon prices?

16,000 for tent, 90000 for 470 to kill Buffalo while .300 is way enough. to get real Power of these gun you might have to MOD again.

All these to say: Please stop giving EW a reason to suck us more. If they give to us something that worthy then we might not need MODs

I am writing this in 2021 just before the New Map release (maybe Mexico map) we don't know yet. But here the plan

If you recall for many years now here the strategy: They will create a DLC that will come to messed up few month later (bloodhound was the last one) people will complaint the fix ONE or TWO major BUG, then let people cry more. They will prepare another DLC and keep it secret to increase users curiosity, attract them more, and lunch for MONEY. You need fix for your game you bought earlier MAN you have to buy a New DLC and again and again and again

Just watch after the New map (Mexico) game will do fine for few month (not even sure) then issues will be here a New DLC will point at horizon.

I would like to know how to MOD and I WILL MOD everything in this game no matter what. Time to learn for me. That how and why I land here.

• 4 weeks later...
COTW is NOT true Multiplayer.

MP is the player's own PC as CO on.

COTW dev/creators Can't do anything, can't ban.

because of

1 MP = Player's PC. COOP. So don't rent real MP servers OR official servers

2 COTW does not compete for prizes, money, etc. As in Hunter classic, you get banned for cheating.

3 COTW has no Anti cheat as BatlleEye or AC(Anti cheat) system

It is a gray area. in fact and legally COTW cannot do anything.

Unless, going to do the same with Hunter Classic.

- Matches

- Prices

Then they can ban you. otherwise not.

At this time i have about 7,675 hours playing COTW...since February 2017.....The company EW that makes this game is a " joke" they have been addressed with 101 "important" <------KEY WORD issues /glitches, errors that the game still has and at the end of the day, they fix, or bring out whatever they want to do.....People here wastes time in doing their survey, when at the end, like i said its of no importance.

Yes, they are a small company, ( Maybe raise your prices and higher MORE developers )...

They dislike modding with a passion, they felt they were " exempt" from moddding a, that they were unique,.

They make the game difficult for beginning players and forget about getting RARE DIamonds...., A melanistic Elk Diamond??... Forget it, it wont happen An Albino Diamond Whitetail??... Forget it , it wont happen!!.

270 is also horible poor gun.

self the new shotgun is bugged on mexico

Edited by zalinadejongen

Here is an example which I made a video about ... How EW the parent company of The Hunter Call of the Wild makes it difficult for new players/............The "hype" of the Mexico map is the PHEASANTS, just about the new animal on that map that has not been duplicated or reskinned!!,,,,,,Lets say that you are new gamer and once you land on that map you say to yourself...." I just want to shoot pheasants at the beginning , nothing else, thats what I came here for, that what you gonna do:,,, GUESS WHAT>>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU CANNNNNNNNT !!,,, ...As a default you get the over/under shotgun 12 ga with BUCKSHOTS!!... which you cant use on Pheasants.. then you say to yourself, let me go to the gun cabinet to get 12 ga, BIRDSHOT,,, You go there, you open the cabinet, and GUESS WHAT>>??...... You cant buy the 12ga birdshot cause you aint got any money to buy not even 1 cartridge,,,, Okay, so you say, let me go to the shotgun dlc that I already had previously ant lets say you get the 3 automatic shot gun thats 20ga.. GREAT!... but GUESS WHAT??.. You go to get the 20ga birdshot, YOU GOT NO MONEYYYY!!... You cant buy it, the same for the rest of the other calibers,,, You dont believe me?? try it you will see...........EW the game makes you have to shoot OTHER animals and get points and play money$$ BEFORE you get to be able to buy the birdshots in any caliber and then shoot the pheasants!!

What type of crap is that??.....You cant do what you came in for , you CANT shoot pheasants when you get into the map if you are a beginnier with no money.....

Thats messed up!!............These are the stupid things that EW creates, and then they ask themselves why are many people modding, hacking, cheating in this game

270 is also horible poor gun.

self the new shotgun is bugged on mexico

youre right. since posting ive used mods to fix many of the things that were broken (especially the ridiculous weapon class discrepancies). i MIGHT get mexico but itll only be on heavy sale and for the pheasnts that really should have been present on hirshfelden literal years ago.