Having audio issues with my custom radio station mod

beccthewreck

So using the More Where That Came From: Mojave Edition mod (as well as a basic tutorial) as a technical reference, I managed to make a radio station that plays custom music.

It pretty much works perfectly for the most part, except that the music tracks tend to skip really badly when I'm listening to them in the Pip-Boy; the track gets to around the last 10-20 seconds before it starts repeating that part several times. Also, when the game loads or autosaves, that also tends to make the track skip back a handful of seconds every time.

The tracks are stereo 44100hz 32-bit float .mp3s, with accompanying mono .ogg files, same as MWTCF, and MWTCF works just fine for me with no skipping.

There's a really frustrating lack of detailed tutorials for building and troubleshooting radio stations in Bethbryo Fallout, so can anyone help me out with this? I can record a video of the problem or whatever if you need a reference.

Edited by beccthewreck

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved! I found the solution on the Radio Active Channel Extender mod's page. The mp3s have to be encoded in a very specific way. If anyone has this problem and finds this thread, here's the info from there:

"Constant Bit Rate (cbr). . .Bit Rate: 128 - 256 kBit/s. . .Sample Rate: 44100 Hz. . .Sample Size: 16 bit. . .Channels: 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo)Some Converter"

The bit rate stuff can be set on export to mp3 with Audacity. I set it to Constant Bit Rate at 256 kbit/s and it works just fine. Hope this helps somebody someday, cause this was a really frustrating issue.

Edited by beccthewreck