Corner of Landscape Cell Torn/Broken

Kohdi

Hello all,

I'm working on a new worldspace, and so far mostly good, but I've run into a little issue when editing the height/texture through the Landscape dialogue. The corner of one cell of the landscape has become a bit wrinkled with respect to the land around it, and using the CK tools doesn't have any effect on the break. Here's a pic of the area -

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/497/landscapetear.jpg

I can texture and place objects all around it just fine, but it persists in both the CK and the game. I built the landscape from the ground up so there was no faulty heightmap which generated it, something happened in the engine itself. Does anyone know what has caused this tear, and how I can fix it?

All replies are appreciated!

This is exactly why I don't even try making new worldspaces. Well that and the issues generating LOD. I dunno if there is a way to fix it... If no one comes along with an answer, you could try to hide it with rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

I could really use some help with this, if anyone has any information please don't hesitate to share. The break is larger than I first noticed, I've traced it along a good part of that landscape cell, and what's worse, a new one has opened up a few cells away. I have no idea what's causing this, but someone must.

I fixed a tearing like that with the landscape tool; try the smooth area option; and go over and around the tearing ; it should go to normal, and then you'll be able to modify it to your heart's content.

Edited by alex2avs