Mod Request: AI Retinues upgrade their troops.

crisswikked666

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone else would like a mod that allows (re: forces) the AI nobles of the game to upgrade their troops beyond Tier II. No matter how late into the game I get, it seems like the other lords' retinues are almost exclusively populated with Recruits or Footmen, or something adjacent, making their intimidating party sizes meaningless paper tigers. Having a combined Army of 1000 troops consist of 600-700 Recruits or Footmen makes taking anything more than supplies from a village almost laughably futile, and it makes even the Mid-game become incredibly boring and redundant when I can hold a Castle or Town with a tenth of the numbers being thrown at me; and vice versa, when I can take a Castle or Town with a tenth of the numbers defending against me.

I'm hoping this isn't a Herculean task to fulfill, and I'm sure it would make the game a lot more epic when combined with mods like the Party Size Adjuster and the Battle Size Adjuster, allowing the maximum number of troops possible to be fielded like we got in Warband. I like to play as the "barbarian" factions more than the Empire, Vlandians, or Aserai, but the second I get an army of even 50 Khuzait Veteran Horse Archers or Battanian Fian Champions or (in this case, a la SturgianVikings mod) Sturgian Hersirs, the game becomes an absolute cakewalk.