Blackgamingxxx

I am very close to just uninstalling Mod Organizer 2 entirely and using a new mod manager. This error came out of nowhere when it was working perfectly fine beforehand. I used to to launch Skyrim, SKSE Skyrim, LOOT, FNIS, Merge Plugin, TES5Edit and TES5EditAuickAutoClean before and it worked pretty damn perfectly, with no issues other then user ones that I eventually fixed. Now, it won't open any of these programs, going to this screen always: The only things I have to go off of when solving this issue is:

-The notifications state that there is a file in my overwrite directory, and I have to remove them and put them where my mods are. In my overwrite folder, My SKSE folder has a single folder called "Plugin", and there is nothing in it, as I removed the file "Fuz Ro D'oh.ini" from it as I thought was instructed by Mod Organizer 2. I Still have the file, just placed elsewhere. My docs have two files called "Bashed Patch, 0", one with a chrome icon and another with a txt. icon. My scripts folder contains FNIS_aa2.pex and FNISVersionGenerated.pex. My "TES5EditBackups" folder contains a file called, "Update.esm.backup.2020_12_16_12_08_19". My "TES5Edit cache" folder contains English.refchache files of a lot of my mods, with the symbol "1CDF3AC7" in front. And my "tools" folder contains a GenerateFNIS_for_users folder, which contains a FNISmodlist in a txt. file and a folder called "temporary_logs" which has a XML doc titled "0_master", a XML doc titled "defaultmale" and a XML doc titled "defaultfemale", with a GenerateFNIS_LogFile at the very bottom. No idea what I should add or remove, if you guys can enlighten me please do so.

-Before this all started happening, while I was trying to start stuff, I kept getting a "unhandled USVFS proxy exception (line111) error" when I tried to start stuff up, which the mod organizer 2 program then proceeded to to say that my antivirus program (which was off) removed important files and I had to reinstall Mod organizer 2 to restore them. I quickly checked to see if it was on, it wasn't, and I turned it on and added mod organizer 2.exe to the exception list. Didn't really work, so I turned it off and reinstalled the program, and reset my computer. Now, I get this problem.

So that is everything, if you guys have an answer I'd be glad to hear it, otherwise I will just uninstall Mod organizer 2 and use another mod organizer to install mods.

I do not know why your programs are not loading with MO2 as I have never experienced this issue. What is the location of your Steam folder and / or Steam library where the game itself is located? Some of the tools may be installed to a sub-directory (looking at Wrye Bash) and an install inside the Program Files folder may cause issues.

I can tell you about the various files in your overwrite folder. It might be best to just delete the files and folders inside. But going forward once you've figured out the issue with starting the programs, you should consider doing the following: After running each third party tool (TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, FNIS, etc), right click on the overwrite folder and create a new mod folder. This will put their output files into a dedicated folder. From then on, any time you run one of the tools, should you get files in the overwrite just drag and drop them into the dedicated mod folder for that program. If left active, new instances of these files will replace them rather put a new one in the overwrite folder.

Also, some mods create files while in-game, I like to put them all into a single mod folder rather than in the folders for the mods. This keeps things like RaceMenu presets and saved MCM settings from being wiped out whenever a mod is updated.

Ok, now all I get is a "Unhandled USVFS Proxy exception (line 111): Access is denied error". I have disabled all my antivirus software and redownloaded it and I STILL get the message! I don't understand what changed, I was able to do this before with my anti virus disabled completely and it worked. All i did differently from this time and last time was install Intetesting NPCS, then all of a sudden I get thos error over and over with nothing changing no matter what I do!

Based on some Googling the following seems to be the best recommendations:

That error indicates some sort of issue is preventing USVFS from creating a file in C:\ProgramData\USVFS.

Things to try:

• Restart your PC.
  • Disable anti-virus programs.
  • Create C:\ProgramData\USVFS if it doesn't exist.
  • Delete C:\ProgramData\USVFS if it does exist.

It has also been suggested to try using the portable version of MO2. The version where you have to install a new copy for each game you want to work with. This version may bypass whatever the issue might be as all files will be located within the Mod Organizer folder rather than spread about in AppData and other locations. I think this version is an option that can be selected when installing the program. Not too sure as it has been a while.

• 2 years later...

Based on some Googling the following seems to be the best recommendations:

That error indicates some sort of issue is preventing USVFS from creating a file in C:\ProgramData\USVFS.

Things to try:

• Restart your PC.
  • Disable anti-virus programs.
  • Create C:\ProgramData\USVFS if it doesn't exist.

It has also been suggested to try using the portable version of MO2. The version where you have to install a new copy for each game you want to work with. This version may bypass whatever the issue might be as all files will be located within the Mod Organizer folder rather than spread about in AppData and other locations. I think this version is an option that can be selected when installing the program. Not too sure as it has been a while.

Skyrim AE modding on 7-20-23, and I'd just like to say, that this information helped fix an issue I had with an FNIS error.

* The error I had: "cannot find Unhandled USVFS proxy exception (line 112)"

So thank you for the information, back to modding for me. :)