Problem Installing Mods with NMM

Ebak

Hello everyone.

I am currently experiencing a problem with Nexus Mod Manager.

I get an error message whenever I attempt to install mods downloaded from the NVNexus. Mods that I am currently getting issues with are the following:

CINEMATECH
The Directors Chair
The Mod Configuration Menu
Project Nevada
Project Nevada Extra Options
Radar Mod
The Weapon Mod Menu
Ohud

it generally seems to be certain mods useing visual UI installers as part of their activation process. Usually I get an error saying that the mod could not be installed. The only specific detail I get is from the Mod Configuration Menu:

"Menu install failed. Cannot access menu files. Try using FOMM or changing firewall/UAC settings."

I have already disabled UAC and I added Steam, New Vegas, NMM to the exception list, however the problem still persits. I have also tried manually downloading the file, extracting it and adding it to the NMM...with no improvement.

I have also made sure all folders and files related to new vegas are not set to read only. The installation director (via Steam) is not located within the normal program files area but in the root F drive directory. The problem however remains.

Searches via google have lead to no helpful advice to fix the problem.

Some people suggest using Fallout Mod Manager. However that also has its own problems, when attempting to add FOMOD files and install some FOMOD files, I get the following error:

"Something bad seems to have happened. As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in.." yadayadayada.

This has made me hit a major brick wall in my modding, two whole days of installing and sorting other mods may be a waste if I don't fix this. I would really appreciate anyone who could help.

You answered your own question

I have already disabled UAC and I added Steam, New Vegas, NMM to the exception list, however the problem still persits. I have also tried manually downloading the file, extracting it and adding it to the NMM...with no improvement.

Some people suggest using Fallout Mod Manager. However that also has its own problems, when attempting to add FOMOD files and install some FOMOD files, I get the following error:

"Something bad seems to have happened. As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in.." yadayadayada.

This has made me hit a major brick wall in my modding, two whole days of installing and sorting other mods may be a waste if I don't fix this. I would really appreciate anyone who could help.

My favorite line here is the last one. If you downloaded the mods manually than you could of installed them manually. For some of the mods you mentioned, really you need FOMM. You have to run it as administrator also or you get that message. If you're going to heavily mod NV than NMM is going to make things more difficult, it's not as comprehensive as FOMM. Not all mods come as FOMODS but you can turn a downloaded archive into a FOMOD by using Package Manager tool in FOMM and just selecting the archive. I don't know what the problem is with NMM but I don't use it anyway, but my advice to you is to learn how to use the proper programs like FOMM, FNVedit, BOSS, Configator etc etc and if you wanna get real tricky you can look into Wyre Flash also.

Can someone please help me out! I recently bought and installed Fallout New Vegas but when I try to install any mod such as Project Nevada or the MCM menu I get a message saying "Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant permission, contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft NET Framework Configuration tool." I`ve tried to fix this but I cannout get it to work! Someone please help!!!! can`t play without any mods FNV!!

You answered your own question

My favorite line here is the last one. If you downloaded the mods manually than you could of installed them manually. For some of the mods you mentioned, really you need FOMM. You have to run it as administrator also or you get that message. If you're going to heavily mod NV than NMM is going to make things more difficult, it's not as comprehensive as FOMM. Not all mods come as FOMODS but you can turn a downloaded archive into a FOMOD by using Package Manager tool in FOMM and just selecting the archive. I don't know what the problem is with NMM but I don't use it anyway, but my advice to you is to learn how to use the proper programs like FOMM, FNVedit, BOSS, Configator etc etc and if you wanna get real tricky you can look into Wyre Flash also.

This isn't really my first time modding Fallout NV. I downloaded the mods manually, however there is no 'manual' install method, only the FOMOD file, which I attempt to import into FOMM and either install it or extract it, however I get hit with the error message I mentioned previously. I run all my programs as an admin, because I am the admin and by default I always run as an admin. I know about FOMM, FNVedit, BOSS, Configator etc. However the problem is not in using them, the problem is in bypassing a problem which stops the mod from being installed or extracted in any way.

Well i'm glad your familiar with the system, you didn't mention any of it in the OP so I assumed you didn't really know, and also cos you mentioned NMM. Sorry if I semed a bit harsh, but still that last line cracks me up XD

Well you could quickly change the extension from fomod to rar, that's one way. You need to find me that crash dump and post it, I can almost bet It didn't find the registry key for NV, in which case the only way to fix is to quickly open the FalloutLauncher and close it, don't change any settings or your INIs will be reset. Same problem happens with FNVedit when you get the "Fatal: could not find registry key bla bla bla" error.

Try that and let me know how you go.