Tropical in black and white?

Hoamaii

Has anybody had that glitch before? When using Tropical Skyrim - which I enjoy a LOT - everything in my screen turns to shades of gray within Whiterun walls and all around the city at night, only at night (game nights, of course!..). Absolutely everything turns to gray including NPCs, lights, fires, etc, exactly as if I had disabled color mode in my CPU (nVidia GTX 660 by the way).

As far as I can tell this does not happen anywhere else, nor in interior cells.

When I walk away from the Whiterun area, colors come back somewhere between the Meadery and Riverwood, at the road turn where you sometimes will encounter Alik'r men interrogating a Redguard woman. This really puzzles me...

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tropical Skyrim because when I disable the mod, everything returns to normal.

I do not use any ENB, nor light mod, nor any other environment or climate mod and never tweaked my .ini files and this has never happened to me in hundreds of hours of Skyrim playing. Puzzling, really...

Could anyone please enlighten me (so to speak... ;)) as to what may be happening there?.. Many, many thanks in advance!

Well that the thing, I never, EVER used any kind of ENB - not even one that I might have installed and uninstalled. I don't get it either but that doesn't seem to inspire anybody. Maybe I should have posted this in the troubleshooting thread?

Thanks for replying, Jaradin. The only console command I used actually was tfc to make a few screenshots in Tropical Skyrim, and other than that have not modified my .ini in any way that I can remember. Do you have any specific .ini line in mind that I could check? Thanks again :)

• 4 months later...

Wow I specifically googled this topic because I just got Tropical Skyrim and there is no color whatsoever at night in-game for me as well and I am looking for a fix. I just started a new game with this mod and I haven't made it further than Whiterun so I have as yet to check if the problem persists in other locations. I only have a few other mods and I changed the load order to give this mod priority but it didn't help. I will continue to try and find a solution.

• 1 year later...