Can I Install .omod Files with Wrye Bash?

TLC77

Potentially. If the OMOD was done with BAIN in mind, then yes. If not, you might have to restructure the mod before being able to properly install it. Wyre Bash will not read the OMOD instruction file itself if that is what you are asking.

How do I restructure it? Can I just use OBMM to install .omod mods?

You would extract the OMOD to a folder using Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) and then using the OMOD install script as a guide pick and choose which parts of the extracted OMOD you want to use (if it's a mod that has optional parts ... sometimes you can run into mods distributed as OMODs that could be a simple "copy Data, paste in Oblivion" type install). Some mods also use OMOD scripts to walk you through INI optional settings (Maskar's mods are an example of that).

So after extracting the OMOD make yourself a folder named Installed and inside that one named Data (so you will begin with Installed\Data) and copy the parts of the extracted OMOD you are going to use into that Installed\Data folder exactly the same way you would if you were going to install manually. Once you are done simply archive the Installed\Data folder (and it's contents) and use that in Wrye Bash to install the mod (or if you are me ... right click on the Data folder and select Copy, then right click on the game's Oblivion folder and select Paste ... activate the ESP in WB and go through your normal load order/bashed patch routine).

Yes ... I am a dinosaur.

• 7 months later...

I diagree about that for sure as we still need OBMM for omods. If you wanna repack the omods and release them in your name, well feel free... :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Every OMOD that actually uses scripts has a BAIN alternative. The only exceptions are mods you shouldn't use like shader modifications (we have ENB and OR/forks)

Every OMOD that's just an archive has a raw archive somewhere that you can install (like QTP). There's no need for OMODs in 2021

Additionally every OMOD can be turned into an archive via OBMM, which can then be extracted, used for manual install or restructured into something one of the other managers "can" install.

Ever since I switched back to Wrye Bash (BAIN) for my last and current mod install, I personally extracted countless OMODs myself, read their install scripts, picked my options and reproduced what the scripts were doing to create a manual install package fit for Wrye Bash / BAIN in the end.

That's why I always say all Oblivion mods "can be made" installable with every manager there is. It just takes some manual restructuring sometimes.

The problem is that ENB and Oblivion Remade aren't feasible for everyone, and Night Eye still ruins the game if you don't mod it. The only non-ENB mods that do that are omods and getting the ENB to work correctly destabilizes the game and crushes your cpu / gpu with extra load. Which crowds out other gameplay mods that need those resources. It's a limitation of the game being single-threaded and harshly limited by 32-bit code.