Universal Perk

Bergzore

Can someone tell me an easy or at least easier way of applying a perk to ALL npcs, or at least all human npcs? If I have to go through every actor individually to add it then it's not going to happen lol. The races don't have a perk section, so that's apparently not an option. I've tried adding a spell with no magnitude that applies the perk as an ability, didn't work. I tried adding a script spell that adds the three perks I'm trying to add, didn't work. Here's the script if someone can tell me if something's wrong:

Scriptname RaceScaleScript extends ActiveMagicEffect

actor Persistance

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)

Persistance = Target

Target.AddPerk(ScaleMagic)

Target.AddPerk(ScaleBound)

Target.AddPerk(ScaleEnch)

EndEvent

Perk Property ScaleMagic Auto

Perk Property ScaleBound Auto

Perk Property ScaleEnch Auto

I'm pretty new with scripting so I wouldn't be surprised if something was wrong. I just modified the dark souls script, and it does indeed work on the player. I even put the spell on all races, and doing it that way it still works on the player. For some reason though, it doesn't work on the npcs. The perks themselves do work on the npcs though. I just tested it. I just need a method of applying these 3 perks to npcs without having to go through each individual actor. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: If it means anything, what the perks do is scale spell damages with skill levels, scale bound weapon damage with conjuration, and the third controls enchanting effects. I know the magic level damage scale works on npcs as I said. I haven't tested the other two, but I'm sure they work if that one does. I just need a way of applying it. For some reason when I put a spell with that script on a race, it does work for the player if he/she is that race, but doesn't work for the other npcs for that race. Again, thanks for any help!

Edited by Bergzore

I've checked out that page before. I don't know if I want a spell with such great range to effect everyone around you to keep running constantly. Sounds like it might affect performance, especially if you use a lot of mods. I may be wrong...dunno.

This sounds a lot like what SkyRe does. (Or Requiem.) Have you checked those mods to be sure you're not just re-inventing them? :) And of course, you might be able to crack open one or both and see how it got accomplished there.