Two merchant container(s) questions

1. Looks like if I don't set up a merchant container for a merchant, he uses some "barebone" one with parchment, and some other clutter. Is there a way to track down that list\container\whatever, and edit it?

2. If I set faction, as an owner of a merchant container, but don't set up any rank, who can access that chest? Anyone from that faction?

1. No - I never heard of it for sure. But if a container is made in game, you could try to find it with tcl, as it might be outside the room... It will only be in your save game, no where else.

2. Everyone from that faction and every thief or everyone with low responsibility. But it seems very rare that someone with lower responsibility will take stolen items anyway as I did test that by putting a stolen food item in front of a NPC and let it starve with responsibility 25... But if I set ownership to that faction on a container, they will use it. When I make merchants, I make their chests personal and out of sight, behind walls or where ever... So ownership is set to that merchant, except when I made my traveling merchant Bettan that sold BAB pumps and boots. Her chest was between her and the player.

13823-2-1194469355.jpg

Edited by Pellape

Yes I know where the merchant containers are located. I "even" know why - robbing them blind in Morrowind, thanks to the containers in question, being in plain sight. Good times, good times...

I also know that merchants unused personal inventory, gets used as merchandise. If it was that simple, I wouldn't waste your time :smile:
Though, thank you for confirmation about faction ownership.

To the matter at hand, I think I found the culprit: Advanced Magecraft. It runs a script (aaaScrollstuff), that places inkwell, parchment, and quill in various containers. Hell, even Tahm Blackwell got "scrolled":

JFLxIc6.jpeg

:D

scn aaaScrollstuff

ref speakerref
ref container
short temp

Begin Function {speakerref}

let container := speakerref.getmerchantcontainer
	printc "container: %n %i" container container
	printc "Speaker: %n" speakerref
	speakerref.setoffersbooks 1	
	speakerref.setoffersmiscitems 1

If ( container == 0 )
		set container to speakerref
	endif

If ( GetRandomPercent <= aaaAdvancedMagecraftQST.scrollmaterials )
		Printc "Passed Chance."
		If ( container.getitemcount amtokenring == 0 )
			printc "no ring"

let temp := container.getitemcount quill01
			If ( temp < 5 )
				container.additemNS quill01 5
				if ( getgoldvalue quill01 == 0 )
					setgoldvalue 1 quill01
				endif
			endif

let temp := container.getitemcount inkwell01
			if ( temp < 5 )
				container.additem inkwell01 5
				if ( getgoldvalue inkwell01 == 0 )
					setgoldvalue 5 inkwell01
				endif
			endif

let temp := container.getitemcount blanksheet
			if ( temp < 10 )
				container.additem blanksheet 10
				if ( getgoldvalue blanksheet == 0 )
					setgoldvalue 1 blanksheet
				endif
			endif

container.additem amtokenring 1

endif

endif

End

Anyone interested in providing a line-by-line (parts other than additem) explanation?

Edited by Osuirof

To find out what and when, Go to the edit menu in CS, do a text search and search for

Call aaaScrollstuff
or just aaaScrollstuff
but if you include the Call, a list of all calling objects should pop up under the [Objects, etc] tab