Dragonborn DLC Can't leave Solstheim.

xXLegitEmpireXx

So when i first got the Dragonborn DLC, i crashed a lot and had many ctds. So, I reverted to an older save and everything got fixed. I finished the main quest and when i tried to return to Skyrim, i get an infinite loading screen and I am forced to use Task Manager to close Skyrim. I tried fast traveling, talking to the captain, and coc riverwood console command. I also used play.moveto command to move to my wife in proudspire manor, but when i exit the house, same thing happens. Also, when i open the map while in proudspire manor, i see a map of solstheim, not skyirm. I do not know how to fix this. I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Thanks

open the console and type: coc riverwood

OP already tried it.

If you're playing with an enb try deleting all the files for it and see what happens.

My game has been playing up depending on the enb binary i've been using.

open the console and type: coc riverwood

OP already tried it.

If you're playing with an enb try deleting all the files for it and see what happens.

My game has been playing up depending on the enb binary i've been using.

I don't use an enb, but i do use immersive saturation boost and realistic lighting. Also, if i upload a BOSS log, do you guys think you might know which mod is causing this? The strange thing is that if i revert to an older save, I can GO to solstheim just fine, but i can't RETURN to skyrim. It's really strange.

i had this problem when i first got to solstheim. i would get infinite loading screens a lot and couldnt get back to skyrim. the unofficial dragonborn patch fixed it for me, no idea why but you have to make sure to update your unofficial skyrim patch to the latest version also. for me im not entirely sure if thats what fixed it. i dont use fast travel really unless im testing something so i kept trying to sail from raven rock and got infinite loading screens. but once it worked once it kept working. it just felt like my skyrim had to adjust to going between the two worlds and once it was used to it it could do it

If you have Vilja or a spouse with you, try using the "let's go home" dialog. This has worked fine for me every time. I also used console command "COC whiterun" and that plops me down in front of the bridge outside of whiterun. I got a CTD very soon after arriving so I restarted, loaded the solstheim save, repeated the console command and saved immediately after arriving near whiterun. I got the CTD as expected but restarting and loading the whiterun save worked without any problems from there on.

These are only work-arounds, though. I never could use the map marker or the boat to get back on my first playthrough of Dragonborn. I'm on my second character now and get the same bug. What's really strange is that in both cases when I used the map marker the very first time, it worked fine but after that, it never worked again.

With my first character I had RCRN and immersive saturation active but have deactivated it for the second character and still have the problem. Only other mods I use are environmental enhancements like TAVE:<wherever>, WATER, Mossy Rocks, and the like.

The entire Dragonborn DLC is seriously bugged. IMO, not worth the $$$, a major disappointment.

Edited by warezwaldo

If you have Vilja or a spouse with you, try using the "let's go home" dialog. This has worked fine for me every time. I also used console command "COC whiterun" and that plops me down in front of the bridge outside of whiterun. I got a CTD very soon after arriving so I restarted, loaded the solstheim save, repeated the console command and saved immediately after arriving near whiterun. I got the CTD as expected but restarting and loading the whiterun save worked without any problems from there on.

These are only work-arounds, though. I never could use the map marker or the boat to get back on my first playthrough of Dragonborn. I'm on my second character now and get the same bug. What's really strange is that in both cases when I used the map marker the very first time, it worked fine but after that, it never worked again.

With my first character I had RCRN and immersive saturation active but have deactivated it for the second character and still have the problem. Only other mods I use are environmental enhancements like TAVE:<wherever>, WATER, Mossy Rocks, and the like.

The entire Dragonborn DLC is seriously bugged. IMO, not worth the $$$, a major disappointment.

ok i tried coc whiterun and it didn't work. Unfortunately, I don't have the Vilja mod nor do i have a spouse with me on solstheim, however, I do have cicero as a follower with me? Do you think maybe i should dismiss him first and then travel?