Important, please read! Mods getting deserved hits.

carleq2

Hello everyone!

So I've heard with the community what people think about this idea, and so far I've only had good feedback and they all think this should be added:

So I have this idea to make a new category in the Category list; One for conversions/CBBE/UNP - OR one for each of them, and have the Armour category simply have armour mods.

The reason behind this is the ammount of conversions you have to wade through is awful to be quite frank. There are tons of good armour mod not getting to see the light of day, simply because they are covered in piles and piles of CBBE/UNP/Conversion mods. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome mods also, IF you use CBBE/UNP.

You might have guessed that I'm not a user of either UNP or CBBE, as are thousands of other people aswell. Not a foul word about UNP or CBBE at all, it's a great addition to the game; But there are so many mods they require it! And if you use vanilla bodies and want vanilla body armour mods, you have to look through so many pages. I have discovered so many awesome armour mods that are many many pages down the road if you sort by downloads. Thing is, they too have many downloads and are good quality mods.

I think it's only fair to make this easier for both users of CBBE/UNP to find their preferred mods quicker, and for users of vanilla bodies aswell. This does not have any real downside since this only applies to when you search by category, and the categories will be right next to eachother like this: (just an example, but you get the idea)

Armour(vanilla):

Armour(CBBE):

Armour(UNP):

Armour(Conversion:):

Now, I thank you all for the attention and I hope it's not too hard to make this a reality. But if it is, then I understand.

My only reason behind this wish is to make ALL mods see the light of day, and get the hits they deserve. There's so many talented authors out there who don't get the credit they deserve. I think this is for the good of everyone, and it does not affect when simply -Searching for a mod, only like I said when looking from the category view.

Thanks!

-Raw/carleq2

The problem with that is there are many other body mods than just unp and cbbe, as well as peoples personal body tweaks to each. You also have male body mods. If the nexus made the categories you are suggesting than anyone who doesn't make their work for unp or cbbe would get much less attention. Alternatively, to encompass all body mods the nexus would have to add probably a dozen extra categories to their list, and keep expanding every time a body mod is made.

I think it is much easier to just use the search filter.

I threw this idea out a while back after scrolling through hundreds of armour mods for these but it just got ignored or unnoticed, I do agree with having a CBBE and UNP sub-category under the armours one. I have noticed since that Better Males is pretty well used but not sure if many armour mods require this, CHSBHC - BBP is quite popular as well and i'm guessing there would be a fair amount of armour mods for this as it add animated ... parts :whistling: so this as well could do with it's own sub-category if it is popular enough

There are several other body mods with accompanying armours but they are nowhere near as common as these, so it wouldn't really be worth the effort making a category for them but could be done in the future if they grow in popularity, that is even if Dark0ne decides to take this idea on board.

I think something along these lines is a good idea. It could also be done via the Tag search functionality if it were modified slightly - The thing that's missing is tag exclusion.
Any armor Mod should have an armor tag, and if there was functionality to exclude files that have certain tags from the search results, then a search could be performed on armor that excluded body mods, NSFW, nudity, not lore friendly, translation... &tc.
This would make the tag search phenomenally useful.
:biggrin:

People would forget to use them and even if they did, there's no garaunteeing that the authors of the hundreds of conversion mods already out there would decide to return and recatagorize all their mods. So either they'd remain in their original category or it would fall to the PtB (Powers that Be) to take time out from their other duties to recategorize all those mods - not exactly what I consider to be the best use of their time.

People would forget to use them and even if they did, there's no garaunteeing that the authors of the hundreds of conversion mods already out there would decide to return and recatagorize all their mods. So either they'd remain in their original category or it would fall to the PtB (Powers that Be) to take time out from their other duties to recategorize all those mods - not exactly what I consider to be the best use of their time.

If they only forget to set one of these sub-categories then it would fall under default armour like we have now, but it wouldn't be a massive issue it's just a way to tidy up the hundreds of mods included here. There are loads of mods under 'Default - I forgot to set this' but noone takes time to organise them.

All valid arguements there, I can see your points. I know it may take some time to sort all of this, and if I could do this myself I definitely would. I just too often find amazing mods through videos and other means rather than through searching the categories, reason being I cannot be arsed to sift through 50 pages of CBBE or UNP's to get to them. One example today I found a mod containing a Bard armor, Thalmor mage armor and a Shaman armor which is astonishing and amazing, but I found it through a vid on youtube.. All the time I've spent sifting through pages on the nexus, I never saw that mod.. I never got to it, cause it was so far backlined.

What I'm trying to say, there has to be some small tweak that can be done to make mods be reachable. I love discovering hidden gems on the nexus, and there's just no stop to it; there's so many! And I feel that they don't get the glory they deserve simply because people don't notice them (atleast not until it's like 6 months+ old). We do have the Hot-Files feature which is amazing and very good for giving authors the credit they deserve, and a chance to get their mod known. But I don't think it's the only solution to it.

If there's just the simplest thing to add to make a person searching the categories, to be able to avoid stuff you won't ever be able to use; then great! That's more than enough. I personally do not use UNP or CBBE (not because they're bad or anything) because I don't like my characters to look like models or anime figures. If people like that, and I know lots do - all the power to them, then that's great for them. But for me and the others who stick to vanilla bodies it's sort of a pain to have to wade through all of those mods that do require them. We're missing out on all the other stuff that don't, simply because it becomes way too time consuming looking through so many pages.

I guess another thing that would help was to allow more mods to pop up on the search page? Now we're sort of limited to 10 or so per page. I personally wouldn't mind having 100 per page so I could go through them quicker.

Anything would help :) Let's make mods more available, yeah?

I understand the desire to make it easier to find good mods but I really can't support this idea. Looking at this from the perspective of someone who has released a mod that only supports vanilla bodies (not armor, a tattoo mod Yakuza Tattoos of Potema) I wouldn't want my mod to be ghettoized in a "vanilla only" category. I'm proud of what I do and I like the fact that my mod can stand side by side for comparison with any similar mods done for CBBE or UNP or Better Males.

I did some armor and clothing mods in Oblivion for the less popular body mods, and I relished the opportunity to put my work up against what was being done for the popular HGEC body mod. The idea of having everything put into it's own little cubbyhole where less people will see it is not the type of thing that inspires me to release mods.

That's just my opinion on this, take it for what it's worth. Obviously other people see this differently, but I want the masses of people who use CBBE or UNP to also be able to see what I did. If I make an armor or clothing mod for Skyrim I don't want it to be filed away under "vanilla only" or any other obscure category.

The point of these being sub-categories is to not place them in individual slots, but more of a filter system - ALL armours stick to the same armours category, listed as normal, but users would have the further option to click UNP/CBBE/other tabs to narrow the search. Making them restricted to totally seperate categories just would not work.

This was my thought at least.