How to select the new colour for my new set of armour

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oki - That is very very odd as that should not happen if you only change a texture at a mesh. Send me the helmet and I will try to edit it with Blender... Upload it to a share site or put it at your Google drive and share it.

Well, that last one definitely is to do with the morph files. If you made a copy of the original helmet somewhere else or under a different name, it won't use the original's morph files (EGM, TRI) as they're no longer found in the new place or under the new name.

What I see in the pictures is a helmet that's no longer conformulated to deform along with the head.

I don't know where you got the helmet mesh from (as there's different ways/sources), but you can just as well also get the "helmet.egm" and/or "helmet.tri" files (or whatever they're called) and put them at the same place your new helmet NIF is now and with the same name.

As this seems to be the Vanilla fur helmet (or a derivative thereof) the last instance you can get it from would be by opening the BSA ("Oblivion - Meshes.bsa" to be precise) and extracting the 1 or 2 files.

There's different tools for that. BSA Commander or the BSA browsing tools of the Oblivion Mod Manager would be my weapons of choice.

edit: I see you were already instructed about BSA extraction processes in your other topic.

Well, that last one definitely is to do with the morph files. If you made a copy of the original helmet somewhere else or under a different name, it won't use the original's morph files (EGM, TRI) as they're no longer found in the new place or under the new name.

What I see in the pictures is a helmet that's no longer conformulated to deform along with the head.

I don't know where you got the helmet mesh from (as there's different ways/sources), but you can just as well also get the "helmet.egm" and/or "helmet.tri" files (or whatever they're called) and put them at the same place your new helmet NIF is now and with the same name.

As this seems to be the Vanilla fur helmet (or a derivative thereof) the last instance you can get it from would be by opening the BSA ("Oblivion - Meshes.bsa" to be precise) and extracting the 1 or 2 files.

There's different tools for that. BSA Commander or the BSA browsing tools of the Oblivion Mod Manager would be my weapons of choice.

edit: I see you were already instructed about BSA extraction processes in your other topic.

I used the meshes (and textures) of the original fur armor. So, let me get this straight: I need to put the helmet.egm in the meshes folder? As well as the helmet.tri?

I see them??

50771296511_b833eb69d4_o.png

The textures is in another BSA -> Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa

Hoods? Which hoods? You see the paths to all NIF's in CS, the tab that is on the very most left side of the object...

Edited by Pellape

No TRI file (facial animations) for a helmet, makes sense, should've thought of that. Of course a helmet won't smile, blink or wink. Also no EGT (face tinting, brows and beards and stuff) either, of course. The EGM is the file missing for your copy of the helmet (the head shape morphs).

They don't go just in the meshes folder. They go exactly where the NIF file is. From the technical side, when the game opens a NIF file "path/to/xyz.nif", it's also looking out for the morph files "path/to/xyz.egm", "path/to/xyz.tri" and "path/to/xyz.egt". Just like with "texture.dds", "texture_n.dds" and "texture_g.dds", both, path to the files and filenames, have to be exactly the same.

Most of the hoods I know are under "clothes", not "armor", so that's already a different path. Then it sometimes gets yet more complicated with the subfolders. Most often hoods and helmets are unisex, so found outside of the usual "m"/"male" or "f"/"female" subfolders, too.