Fallout.esm has no refIDs for vendor containers?!

nognow

So Fallout.esm doesn't have ref IDs for ANY of the vendor containers in the game.

If I want to add a plugin's weapon to a container via script, GECK won't let me save without adding a master plugin that adds a refId. But cleaning that plugin's masters via FNVedit removes that master. Is it ok to get rid of that master? does it mess up the script? is it worth editing Fallout.esm directly to add refIDs?

You should never clean the .esm files. You will cause all kinds of problems with the game.Â

Â

Since you have already cleaned the .esm files, you will have to verify your game files with Steam or GOG.

I didn't. I cleaned that plugin esp. how can I clean Fallout.esm's masters if it doesn't have any?

AFAIK, as long as your plugin depends upon/uses the Mojave worldspace, you need to have at least FalloutNV.ESM as a master. If the container was added by some other plugin (DLC or mod) then that plugin is also needed as a "master".

If a container (which might be an "actor") has been placed in the world, then it has a Ref-ID. How were you looking for them?

-Dubious-