Sim Settlements 2 causes crash on load saved game

TaxiVader

Hi folks.

I'm finding that Sim Settlements 2 is causing the game to crash when I load a save. The game runs fine if I start a new game, saves OK, but won't load; I go straight to CTD.

This only happened after installing Sim Settlements 2.

I tried following the instructions on the SS2 help page re load order:

1. Fallout 4 and DLCs
  2. Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
  3. HUDFramework
  4. Workshop Framework
  5. Sim Settlements 2
  6. All other mods

but the same thing keeps happening.

Any ideas I could try?

THe saves that are crashing, DId you add Sim Settlements 2 to an already in progress game?

If so, you can't do that.

That's why Sim Settlements doesn't crash when you start a new game

You should NEVER, EVER add or remove a mod to a game already in progress, because the prefix for all the other mods changes, and it orphans scripts and causes savegame bloat and will eventually corrupt your saves.

• 4 months later...

Same issue.. Been fighting with my main profile for a while because of this problem after moving to a much better computer and adding a lot of new mods. Finally gave up, removed all my plugins, and been adding them back a few at a time. Got almost everything reinstalled and game runs/loads saves just fine until I got to SS2.. Crying shame because it's one of the mods I was most looking forward to trying on my new build.

Anyone know of an incompatability or reason this would be happening? Game, F4SE, and SS2 are all freshly installed and up to date.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late for this topic but I'm gonna add it anyway, I've already sent a ticket with SS2. The mod has been corrupting my save files for a while now. Whenever I load a save with SS2 installed, I get a corrupted file error in the load menu. This only happens to saves with the mod installed. I've been waiting for almost a month to get a response from the team, so far nothing. SS1 runs just fine. :huh: :confused:

gaming without sim settlements made fo4 a lot more stable for me. i avoid it since some incidents clearly related to the automization and the cluttering produced by this mod like ctd, fps drops due to extensive clutter and also unloadable saves. it is a nice mod but it leads already optimized fo4 (draw calls) to its limits and beyond. it was also a good decision in favour of stability to play without this mod and all its enhancements. it is clearly a souce of ctd and fps drops if you don't know exactly what you do and how to configure and to set hard limits. and even if you do it is a matter of luck if it works stable and to prevent it reaching limits in the background. use it only if you are aware of these risks and all related issues! mods offering automization and scrapping in exteriors are very likely a souce of instability the longer you play.

• 2 months later...

I see a plot updated in SS2 just now for me, and now when I go to Tempines Bluff it crashes when I fast travel or load a current save at the location it is in. I know it is a plot that upgraded because it didn't crash before with that plot upgraded.

Edited by RolloWolff7