Blender 2.9 help

Lorkhansheart

Hello All, i am trying to make a mesh using Blender 2.9 and the Niftools plugin for it - everything is going okay except for applying the texture in the Shading tab, on export i get an error "do not know how to export image node in Material - delete it or change its tag" that is the only thing that is stopping me from making said mesh, any ideas or solutions would be good to know

That part is a bit tricky as it is not visible under the material when you make a new mesh, only first when you import a mesh but you can still add the UV. So there is 2 ways to solve it.

• Import a mesh and use its material or
  • Make a material or use the one already available

• Change Principled BSDF to Diffuse BSDF Material
  • Set NIF to Oblivion under the Scene Properties
  • Export as you can do nothing at this stage
  • Open the mesh with Nifscope and set a base texture to the NiTexturingProperty and save
  • Import it back to Blender

Now look under the Diffuse BSD as color is suddenly changed to Base and now you can also change textures as well

When you export a NIF with several materials, it will put them all together so then you need to split them up with Nifscope if you want or need too by using 2 Nifscope,

• Copy branch from Nifscope one
  • Paste Branch to Ninode in Nifscope 2

We should add this issue to Blender.org really as it is irritating and frustrating to do this way for sure... It took me almost 2 days to solve this when I picked up Blender again...

Edited by Pellape

I also must add some stuff I did noticed with the different versions of the NIF tools for Blender as I only tested v0.03 ones as I use v2.6.0

• v0.03 cant import meshes properly
  • v2.6.0 imports meshes perfect
  • v.0.03 exports the meshes, but 10 times bigger
  • v2.6.0 do not export the texture path in the NiTexturingProperty, so that still needs to be added in Nifscope

I have both installed at the same time at my home computer but not where I am right now, at my GFs comp but I did report this as a bug at the current nif tools project

When it comes to the Base color issue under Material (NiTexturingProperty), I do not know if it is a Blender or Nif tools issue... We should bug report it at both places I guess

Edited by Pellape

• 2 weeks later...

That part is a bit tricky as it is not visible under the material when you make a new mesh, only first when you import a mesh but you can still add the UV. So there is 2 ways to solve it.

• Import a mesh and use its material or
  • Make a material or use the one already available

• Change Principled BSDF to Diffuse BSDF Material
  • Set NIF to Oblivion under the Scene Properties
  • Export as you can do nothing at this stage
  • Open the mesh with Nifscope and set a base texture to the NiTexturingProperty and save
  • Import it back to Blender

Now look under the Diffuse BSD as color is suddenly changed to Base and now you can also change textures as well

When you export a NIF with several materials, it will put them all together so then you need to split them up with Nifscope if you want or need too by using 2 Nifscope,

• Copy branch from Nifscope one
  • Paste Branch to Ninode in Nifscope 2

We should add this issue to Blender.org really as it is irritating and frustrating to do this way for sure... It took me almost 2 days to solve this when I picked up Blender again...

wow thank you!!!! the first method works perfectly while you are using a template nif file to scale your object you can also use it`s Material and export without any problem !!! , we need to report this bug to the nif plugin`s github Page