what is the best armor?

no name white boy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to combine power with good looks so i use:

Adamantium Helm

Ebony Mail (that i've modded to look like dragonbone cuirass, the mail itself looks crappy)

Daedric pauldrons

Fists of randagulf

Her Hand's greaves

Adamantium boots

Eleidon's ward

The common blue skirt that many imperial guards wear.

And enchantments on everything, so that everything has that glowing look.

And when u've got medium and heavy armor skills at 100 this set gives you a cool armor rating of 333 (if everything is repaired of course)

I like to combine power with good looks so i use:

Adamantium Helm

Ebony Mail (that i've modded to look like dragonbone cuirass, the mail itself looks crappy)

Daedric pauldrons

Fists of randagulf

Her Hand's greaves

Adamantium boots

Eleidon's ward

The common blue skirt that many imperial guards wear.

And enchantments on everything, so that everything has that glowing look.

And when u've got medium and heavy armor skills at 100 this set gives you a cool armor rating of 333 (if everything is repaired of course)

I personally like to use this setup:

Helm of Orion Bearclaw

Ebony mail

Deadric pauldrons

Deadric Greaves

Deadric Boots

Both fists of Rangulf

Eleidon's Ward

Belt of the horator

And some others but I dont think they are worth mentioning. All have enchantments. I forget the exact armor rateing that it gives but believe is as much as or more than 333.

The Best light armor setup i know of is constant effect bound armor.

I have absolutely no idea what meduim is other than the ebony mail.

Hope this helps. :D

P.S. InstInct, why her hand grieves?

Personally, I do not make very many fighters for the reason that, they can't jump very far/high. I know its alittle crazy to not make killing machines cause they are a tad bit slower but I really like being able to move easily and fast. So what usually works for me is light armour. Any kind will do. looking good is always important so I usually go with whatever looks good on the character. for example, when my kajiit file is in Solstiem(sp?) i wear snow bear armour and a helm i found that does CE detect creature 150 ft. Camoflauged(i really dont care for that word...) and i can still move.

Doesnt everybody need good armor. I have to say that im a fan of heavy armor. I dont know why i like heavy armor, but i do. People who worry about the weight dont seem to notice that they can always enchant things for feather and jump. I tend to wear whatever suits my characters when they get a high enough level, but in the early levels i just go with the best i can get. Isnt that what one should do?

"I'll ask again... why do you need armor when you never get hit?" - Peregrine, the post before this.

Amen. if i dont use light armour on my thief, I dont need armour! I can sneak in front of peoples faces anyway...

Rock on. You armored people can keep your wall of security and protection. Unarmored may not give you that insane AR, but if your character is an agile stealth-user, you don't need to worry much. (I swear if someone chimes in with that "it doesn't matter when you're level 100" crap, I'm gonna have an aneurism) Also not having armor allows much faster running, higher jumping, a longer-lasting fatigue bar, and in my opinion, a different and more interesting character. Everyone seems to love decking their character out in ebony, daedric, adamantium, daedric, and daedric. How about no armor?

Archived