what is the best armor?

no name white boy

im a thief and i have glass. glass all the way! woo! but anyways i have a mod that adds cloaks and capes o my guy has this big black cloak and cape thats glowing blue and up my security by like 20 sneak by 20 and agility by like 30 plus some other little nice things im also only a lvl 4 on day 31 or 32 cuz i couldnt pay my 2000$ fine and had to go to jail for 37 days :bye:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a mod somewhere that gives a SANCTUARY bonus effect when according to how much armor you are wearing. The less armor you wear, the higher the effect, and the less often you get hit. I haven't tried it extensively, but it makes sense... if one is used to fighting without armor, he doesn't - as the game puts it - withstand damage better if he is unarmored than if he is wearing plate, but rather he is much more agile and therefore he doesn't get hit as easily :)

With this plugin, I'd rather go unarmored than wear armor. More classy :)

my two favorate kinds of armor are the Royal Gaurd Armor because it looks cool and is strong but not really heavy and the dark brotherhood armor because it looks really cool on my dunmer char, it is ,I beleive, the lightest armor and it is strong but the thing is, it isn't very durable so you will find yourself frequently repairing it :(

There is a mod somewhere that gives a SANCTUARY bonus effect when according to how much armor you are wearing. The less armor you wear, the higher the effect, and the less often you get hit. I haven't tried it extensively, but it makes sense... if one is used to fighting without armor, he doesn't - as the game puts it - withstand damage better if he is unarmored than if he is wearing plate, but rather he is much more agile and therefore he doesn't get hit as easily

It's called the Dodging mod, by this guy named Horatio. Go to TheLys's mod page (right here). It's really awesome. The sanctuary effect is not only dependent on how much armor you wear, but also how high your unarmored skill is compared to other armor skills. According to Horatio: "Anyway, in order to improve this rather unbalanced situation, this mod adds a sanctuary ability to the character based on their unarmored skill. The maximum sanctuary you can get is 50 - at 100 unarmored. Unarmored must be at least twice as high as any of your other armor skills in order to work. So no running around in daedric while reaping the sanctuary bonus."

With this plugin, I'd rather go unarmored than wear armor. More classy 

You rock.

EDIT:

I've always been a firm believer in unarmored combat, as I have stated many times before. Think about it. A lot depends on your fatigue bar, right? With zero fatigue, your spell casting and weapon proficiency are greatly depleted. It's all about keeping it up. When not carrying armor, running, jumping, and swimming are now much more efficient. Not only do you run and swim faster and jump higher, your fatigue bar has a longer lifetime because it decreases much slower. Even if you have a nord whose favorite attribute is endurance, wearing heavy or medium armor will still really cut down into fatigue, even if there are big reserves of it. The only person to whom I would not recommend unarmored to is beginners, because what kind of experienced Morrowind player would want to make the game even easier? I bet most of the veteran players on this site had there first character decked out in the most extravagant items, armor, weapons, and carried around every single priceless and unique item they could get their hands on. The first instinct is to make your character a god. I don't know about you guys, but I'm past that phase. Plus, as Maquissar said, it's 'classy.' It's different. Unique. Anyways I'm done ranting this time. Promise.

i usually wear heavy armor coz i like em most and i mostly only make fighters, though i have a Breton Mage who wears light armor but i sometimes i also want to make cool looks with armor, about which armor stuff should fit to some, to look more cooler B)

sorry to contradict all of you...but IMHO, the best armor is something I created

The Sneak Ring (Chameleon 100% for 20 sec, charge 400) :P

Edit: Exquisite Ring, Golden Saint Soul...Cost prolly about 35000, but I got too many Daedric and Ebony weapons anyway...sold them after to get my money back

Hmmm... Well if you made it in game that's one thing, but if you made it in the construction set, I should reach through my ethernet line and slap you.

If you made it in-game, what item exactly did you enchant? How much did it cost?

And yes, it is the best armor . . . until the charge runs out. And it takes a while to recharge 400 points (without soulgems).

I just remembered that for light armor you can use bound items... Summon a bound item, equip an item of the same general type by draging it to your portrait. This will unequip the bound item, now drop it and wait for the bound item spell effect to go away. You now have a permanent bound item at no cost! hope this helps for light armor people!

Archived