Quest Items Not Showing Up In Inventory, may be SKSE or SKYUI related

Taxidermy

At some point during my playing for the game quest items stopped appearing in my inventory. They still show up in the world or on bodies or other characters but for some reason they are non existent in my inventory. For example I picked up the Ruby Dragonclaw for the first part of the Bards Questline, I could not check it's underside for clues to open the door of its dungeon, but I could still open the door by looking for directions on line, showing that the claw was in my inventory but not visible.

The same goes for all of the Dragonborn Black Books, Scrolls and even weapons for yet to be obtained quests (I can upgrade them etc but not see them in my weapons tab)

I do play the game with mods but I've tried disabling them all and uninstalling mods that had anything to do with the UI (SKY UI is the only one I use) before running the game again, and tried reloading other saves.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do? Google nets me no results so I thought I'd try here. Thanks for any help.