Perk Training

midknightblu

I am bad at modding, I'm trying to learn, but no matter where I have been going for help I've been hitting walls.

I would like help, or perhaps even someone to pick this mod idea up.

I believe it is relatively simple, and I found the specific line of text that effects things.

I would like to add an ingestible to the game that basically gives us another perk point and opens the perk menu. Make it expensive, and add it to the loot tables of where Sunset sasparilla would spawn. "Sunrise Sasparilla" Or whatever funny.

I found a line in the setttings in GECK that is "sLevelUpPerkCounter" that is the literal line that gives players a perk point and opens up the perk menu.

All I want to do is learn how to, or have someone, tie this line into an ingestible that I can populate into the world.

Thank you ^^

I am bad at modding, I'm trying to learn, but no matter where I have been going for help I've been hitting walls.

I would like help, or perhaps even someone to pick this mod idea up.

I believe it is relatively simple, and I found the specific line of text that effects things.

I would like to add an ingestible to the game that basically gives us another perk point and opens the perk menu. Make it expensive, and add it to the loot tables of where Sunset sasparilla would spawn. "Sunrise Sasparilla" Or whatever funny.

I found a line in the setttings in GECK that is "sLevelUpPerkCounter" that is the literal line that gives players a perk point and opens up the perk menu.

All I want to do is learn how to, or have someone, tie this line into an ingestible that I can populate into the world.

Thank you ^^

So I went through it for like 30 minutes and I got stuck. How do we determine to *give* the player a perk point? Where did you find the "sLevelUpPerkCounter"? I tried to set up a script for it but that alone doesn't identify anything--its not a command. Something like "player.addperk <base id> " is. Until either you or me identify what the actual command is I can't go forward with my script method.

"

scn perkpointscript
begin ScriptEffectStart
sLevelUpPerkCounter
end
"
Edited by JuicyPwner

I'm no expert when it comes to scripting (or anything else), but I don't believe this is what your looking for. I can get you to manipulating "sLevelUpPerkCounter", but this is simply the text "CHOOSE 1 PERK". If you change the string/value, it just changes the caption on the lower right to whatever. It's not gong to pop up the perk menu(mode), it's just going to change the text next time you get your perk in the natural course of gameplay.

You might have to try some out of the box thinking if you want only the perk applied. Something like getLevel, and getAV and storing them so you can restore them afterward, then rewardXP or setLevel, giving two levels. Pick you perk, then when the menumode close modAV restoring former values/stats. Something along those lines. Or maybe someone has a better idea that has less record keeping or a more direct method of triggering the perk menu (kinda doubt it though, I don't think there is seperate menuMode for just the perk).