Purple Trees in FO4

sparks117cpo

I was having an issue with purple trees in the distance, while on a play-through of FO4. Happened after I was trying out a couple new mods (which were not related to the problem). Tried everything... verifying the game files, the whole slew of .ini file fixes I was reading about online, even deleting the game and re-installing... Disabling the mods, and re-enabling one at a time, to see if I could figure it out... Tried several different "tree" mods, and had the same purple trees off in the distance that would revert to normal as I got closer to them. The problem didn't want to go away... Luck was on my side though... I happened to notice a texture mod for the pine trees (Pine Trees Redone) that was that was supposed to make them look fuller for the Far Harbor add-on and Boston Natural Surroundings (which I was not using). It was affecting every tree in the whole game. Disabled it and the problem went away. No more purple trees. Anywhere. Maybe this will help someone else having a purple tree issue...

• 1 year later...

I was having an issue with purple trees in the distance, while on a play-through of FO4. Happened after I was trying out a couple new mods (which were not related to the problem). Tried everything... verifying the game files, the whole slew of .ini file fixes I was reading about online, even deleting the game and re-installing... Disabling the mods, and re-enabling one at a time, to see if I could figure it out... Tried several different "tree" mods, and had the same purple trees off in the distance that would revert to normal as I got closer to them. The problem didn't want to go away... Luck was on my side though... I happened to notice a texture mod for the pine trees (Pine Trees Redone) that was that was supposed to make them look fuller for the Far Harbor add-on and Boston Natural Surroundings (which I was not using). It was affecting every tree in the whole game. Disabled it and the problem went away. No more purple trees. Anywhere. Maybe this will help someone else having a purple tree issue...

Thanks for this. I have purple trees in the distance. I thought the issue might be view distance related ... or LOD (it might still be LOD), but for now I have disable Boston Natural Surroundings. Cheers!

Purple or pink. Have seen one that was green. (All depends on what color the artist uses for the "clay" in the mesh-making process) And they will usually look extremely smooth. It's a texture issue. :wink:

Tho on some systems, it can also be an AMD graphics issue. They tend to mess up on some transparencies. Very common issue for the is a purple scope lense. There's a fix, but it means the texture has to be done a different way.