What is a mod launcher? I have SKSE from Steam

DrDrillAndFill

I'm new to installing mods ( and new to this site ) . I bought SKSE from steam so I get really confused when mods talk about using a mod launcher ? What is that?

I'm trying to get Nymph Girls of SKSE to work but there's so much I have to download, I don't really know where to start. What is load order?

I'm not sure which order to install or extract or anything like that :sad:

I believe I have all the required mods that NGSE requires but I'm not sure where to extract or install everything. Does everything go into the SKSE Data folder? :huh:

( I'm not sure if this should be posted under the NG mod page or somewhere someone could give me more general knowledge about how to get mods to work, and the sequence of things. )

I attached a picture of the required mods I have downloaded in ZIP form.

Edited by DrDrillAndFill

A mod manager is a program that is used to install one's mods, manage one's load order and other things depending upon the mod manger itself.

Here is a list of mod managers that will work with Skyrim Special Edition. It is not exhaustive and not listed in any particular order.

Wrye Bash

Mod Organizer 2

Vortex

Be aware that you post this in the Skyrim SE section. Where you told you bought ( it is for free) SKSE from Steam then you have a Skyrim LE version. If you have Skyrim SE, then these versions don't work together. For the SE version you need to go to this website.

Be aware that you post this in the Skyrim SE section. Where you told you bought ( it is for free) SKSE from Steam then you have a Skyrim LE version. If you have Skyrim SE, then these versions don't work together. For the SE version you need to go to this website.

Wait what ? I'm confused now. On Steam this is how it's listed "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition". That means I have the SE Right?

Wait what ? I'm confused now. On Steam this is how it's listed "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition". That means I have the SE Right?

Yes however the SKSE on Steam, is for Skyrim Legendary Edition....the old one released back in 2011, the 32 bit version

You need SKSE64, from the link that Gorsha posted, for the 64 Bit version of Skyrim AKA "Skyrim Special Edition"

You also need to make sure that you download Mods from the Nexus Skyrim Special Edition website, instead of the SkyrimLE website