Locked doors in unloaded interors and NPCs passing through them ...

Good evening everybody!

I was recently playing FO4 and noticed something that will impact how I do stuff in a mod that I am currently working on.

I was at the Gwinnet Brewery (the place with the Supermutants and the Mirelurks in the south of the city) and there are some Mirelurks near the "load door" that leads to the interior cell.

On the roof of the exterior, there is also a load door that leads to the same cell.

However the only way to get from the "ground floor entry door" through the interior cell and up on that roof is by hacking a terminal that will then open a door.

Then you can move though the interior cell and exit on top.

I was outside the building and I saw a Mirelurk go in the loaddoor and come back out on the "roof".

I was not in that interor cell previously, so that terminal was still "un-hacked" and that door was still closed!

But the Mirelurk still "passed through the interior cell" and exited back out to the Commonwealth-worldspace.

Is there any way to avoid this behavior?

So that a closed (locked or only openable by terminal) door will actually behave like a locked door when NPCs try to move though the cell while it isn't loaded?

Because it doesn't make any sense that NPCs can "magically" go through there despite there initially beeing no "walkable path" between the two load doors.

The problem you are seeing might be similar to what I found with the lock level "Requires Key" :

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7236336-is-the-lock-level-requires-key-broken

Novice-master level locks should block NPCs properly, but doors requiring terminal or key exist specifically to control progress, and it sure is frustrating that this bug exists. A door requiring terminal can be blocked using a navcut (which should be disabled when the door is unlocked). A door requiring a key, which can be actually used by the owner of the key, is trickier to handle. :confused:

The problem you are seeing might be similar to what I found with the lock level "Requires Key" :

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7236336-is-the-lock-level-requires-key-broken

Novice-master level locks should block NPCs properly, but doors requiring terminal or key exist specifically to control progress, and it sure is frustrating that this bug exists. A door requiring terminal can be blocked using a navcut (which should be disabled when the door is unlocked). A door requiring a key, which can be actually used by the owner of the key, is trickier to handle. :confused:

Would the door locked with a key work if you placed a navcut and enabled/disabled it based on the OnActivate event and GetOpenState? Or maybe check if the key holder unlocked a door using OnActivate and IsLocked and then permanently disable the navcut? I have no idea if the OnActivate event works in this type of scenario, but it could possibly be replaced with a trigger which checks the state of the door when an actor gets close enough.