Vortex Error Code 126 /w SSE Engine Fixes

Kbutter
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I was helping my friend get into moding, and after installing engine fixes part 1 with mod manager, he downloaded part 2 and extracted the files to his skyrim directory: windows C - prgramfiles(x86) - steam -steamapps - common - skyrim special edition.

Following running the game and testing, vortex threw out an error code 126 stating that the skse log detected that the engine fixes dll was not loading.

After checking, I verified that the dll was located in data - skse - plugins, and that adress library and skse 64 were running properly, and that the part 2 dlls were still in the game directory.

Is this a Vortex bug or have I missed something?

I was helping my friend get into moding, and after installing engine fixes part 1 with mod manager, he downloaded part 2 and extracted the files to his skyrim directory: windows C - prgramfiles(x86) - steam -steamapps - common - skyrim special edition.

Following running the game and testing, vortex threw out an error code 126 stating that the skse log detected that the engine fixes dll was not loading.

After checking, I verified that the dll was located in data - skse - plugins, and that adress library and skse 64 were running properly, and that the part 2 dlls were still in the game directory.

If you are getting error code 126.......from the sticky

(3) DO download and install the x64 version of the required Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 (on the web page below, it's the download that reads x64: vc_redist.x64.exe).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.

Install it even if you think you already have it installed. Yes, it's a Windows install. Double click the downloaded file, follow the prompts, and yes you'll need to reboot. If you're getting error 126, it's probably because you don't have the C++ Redistributable installed.

Don't forget to REBOOT once it's installed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest deleted34304850

I did the same thing and I still have the same issue. I know the .dll is there it has been verified. Now what??? please respond with a good fix if you know of one.

This is not a Vortex bug. All Vortex does is process the SKSE log and present any errors it finds.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

If you are getting error code 126.......from the sticky

(3) DO download and install the x64 version of the required Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 (on the web page below, it's the download that reads x64: vc_redist.x64.exe).
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
Install it even if you think you already have it installed. Yes, it's a Windows install. Double click the downloaded file, follow the prompts, and yes you'll need to reboot. If you're getting error 126, it's probably because you don't have the C++ Redistributable installed.

Don't forget to REBOOT once it's installed.

Hey, I have done everything you guys have suggested. I installed the Engine Fixes exactly how they told me to as per the website description page. I installed the latest Visual C++, and still I get code 126/. I have even purged the mod from my game completely, yet still the code persists. Please help.

Guest deleted34304850

Hey

Hey, I have done everything you guys have suggested. I installed the Engine Fixes exactly how they told me to as per the website description page. I installed the latest Visual C++, and still I get code 126/. I have even purged the mod from my game completely, yet still the code persists. Please help.

This is not a Vortex bug. All Vortex does is process the SKSE log and present any errors it finds.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Hey

There are no errors now, yet it still crashes on start up. Not sure what's going on. Nothing in the SKSE64.log that tells me what is going on. Nothing on vortex. Thinking it is just an incompatibility issue with the latest version of skyrim and skse.