Vortex Error Code 126 /w SSE Engine Fixes

Kbutter
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

There are no errors now, yet it still crashes on start up. Not sure what's going on. Nothing in the SKSE64.log that tells me what is going on. Nothing on vortex. Thinking it is just an incompatibility issue with the latest version of skyrim and skse.

No, there's no incompatibility issue between the newest version of Skyrim and SKSE, if there was, the forums would be flooded with thousands of people having the same problem.

You have something set up wrong in your system

It'd be nice if you stopped responding INSIDE what you're quoting, it gets very confusing

You haven't given much detail except to jump in the thread and saying "I'm having the same problem", and hoping we can fix it, by reading everybody else's problem and somehow apply the solution to your problem.

This is why people need to start their own threads and clearly explain their problem

Guest deleted34304850

There are no errors now, yet it still crashes on start up. Not sure what's going on. Nothing in the SKSE64.log that tells me what is going on. Nothing on vortex. Thinking it is just an incompatibility issue with the latest version of skyrim and skse.

again, not a vortex problem. go to the skyrim forums and post your issues there.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, there's no way to fix it? Damn Seems like engine fix has a major issue. I'm getting the same thing, at first I thought I'd done something, but it turns out the mod is just prone to this? Hell I even thought the idol mod had caused it, but nope. I took things off and put them back and so on.

Sooo, there's no way to fix it? Damn Seems like engine fix has a major issue. I'm getting the same thing, at first I thought I'd done something, but it turns out the mod is just prone to this? Hell I even thought the idol mod had caused it, but nope. I took things off and put them back and so on.

I'm using Engine Fix with no 126 error, because I have it installed correctly.

You need to read the Engine Fixes installation instructions, and install BOTH parts of the mod correctly.

In any event, this is NOT a Vortex issue, and is 100% a user issue.

The files from Part 2 should be in the game root folder, alongside Skyrimse.exe etc

d3dx9_42.dll (88.6 kB)
tbb.dll (401.3 kB)
tbbmalloc.dll (246.7 kB)

Oh s*** I didn't think anyone would respond! Thanks I'll give that a shot! I thought it was a mod error. So when you say root folder you mean the same place I put skse64 right? I'm watching a tutorial, but a second opinion is always helpful.

Edited by AngelaLycos3

• 1 month later...

> NOT a vortex issue

>USER issue

How so? It was working perfectly fine since first install. I never got the error and played the game just fine for almost a week after a fresh install to the T. I only noticed it just a few hours ago when installing new mods via Vortex auto install.

So no, it's not a user issue, it's a Vortex issue. How do I know? Because Vortex was doing the installs, not me. And the error popped out of nowhere during auto management.

About to go switch to MO2 since NMM was discontinued. Still boggles my mind since it worked flawlessly. Vortex has been nothing but problems since day 1.

Explain what "Vortex Auto Install" is, as I've never heard of it?

I've been in these forums for a couple of years now helping people, is "Auto Install" a new feature?

I'd like to help out, also, what is "Auto Management"?

I don't know what Either of these things are in Vortex, and I've been using it since 2018 or so.

Can you please explain so I can help you?

You mentioned a "Fresh Install"

A fresh Install of WHAT exactly?

I'm hoping that whatever Fresh Install you had to do, involved you PURGING your Mods with Vortex BEFORE doing a "Fresh Install" of whatever you had to "Fresh Install"

Please provide more details

Um... Download via Mod Manager Download? I have settings turned on that auto installs and enables downloaded mods via Mod Manager Download?

You know, (or at least I assume you do given your comment and your 2 years of expertise in vortex) the 3 settings you can enable/disable in the "Settings" tab:

"Deploy Mods when Enabled"

"Install Mods when downloaded"

"Enable Mods when Installed (in current profile)"

Or have you never seen those options before in your 2 years of using vortex.

And the "Fresh Install" install of Part 1 and 2 of SSE Engine fixes? The 2 mods this forum is about?

But don't worry, I fixed it. How? By literally repeating the same thing 4 times:

Disabled then removed Part 1 and part 2.

Had Vortex "Auto Install" Part 1

Clicked and dragged the 3 files from Part 2 (you know, unzipped, used loose file, didn't put in the .zip and didn't make a new folder, and didn't put in data just in case you're wondering) in the following directory:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition where SkyrimSE.exe is located, as per the instructions given on the sticky in the post section of the Mod page.

I did the exact same thing. I did it 4 times. And guess what? You'll never believe it. It worked on the 4th try. I Did nothing different, and it magically worked.

Golly gee, it's amazing. It's almost as if vortex was doing something incorrectly in its programming. Hmmmm. I'll give it another week before I have Vortex "Auto Install" a new mod, and break the files again.

Yes, I'm aware of those settings, however, you weren't clear as to what you meant about "Auto Install" meant, which is why I asked.

Not sure why you're so hostile, as I'm trying to determine what your problem is

This THREAD is about the Engine Fixes, the FORUM is about Vortex Support.

It's well known that PArt 2 of the Engines Fixes mod NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY INSTALLED, as mentioned on the DESCRIPTION PAGE.

Install the Part 1 zip as you would any SKSE plugin, be that through your mod manager or directly to your data folder.

The "_preload.txt" file is required to be in the directory if you want to use the memory manager patch, so if your Mod Manager warns you about it, make sure it gets added.

Install the Part 2 zip by extracting it to your Skyrim SE folder (the three dlls should be alongside SkyrimSE.exe, etc)

So YES this is NOT a Vortex Problem and instead IS A USER PROBLEM.

Thanks for Proving all of the other posts before yours as being CORRECT.

Ye

Yup. I was being hostile, you know, throwing out profanity and personally attacking people. Stay out of the sun before you melt (There, I'm now hostile).

Good job on the specifics. Proved me correct since you couldn't point out the specific error that I, as a user, was doing. If I recall, it's the software that Installs/Enables/Deploys/Runs the mods the user put's into the program for the program to process all the 1s and 0s. Not the user, as the users brain is not plugged into the users PC and translating all the 1s and 0s real time while playing the game.

Good attempt though.

As I said, and QUOTED from the MOD webpage, you must MANUALLY Install Part 2 of the Engine Fixes mod.

THAT was the specific error.

Once again

Install the Part 2 zip by extracting it to your Skyrim SE folder (the three dlls should be alongside SkyrimSE.exe, etc)

Oh

Ye

Yup. I was being hostile, you know, throwing out profanity and personally attacking people. Stay out of the sun before you melt (There, I'm now hostile).

Good job on the specifics. Proved me correct since you couldn't point out the specific error that I, as a user, was doing. If I recall, it's the software that Installs/Enables/Deploys/Runs the mods the user put's into the program for the program to process all the 1s and 0s. Not the user, as the users brain is not plugged into the users PC and translating all the 1s and 0s real time while playing the game.

Good attempt though.

As I said, and QUOTED from the MOD webpage, you must MANUALLY Install Part 2 of the Engine Fixes mod.

THAT was the specific error.

Once again

Then you obviously didn't bother to read where I clearly stated I put the loose files in the SkyrimSE.exe directory.

"Clicked and dragged the 3 files from Part 2 (you know, unzipped, used loose file, didn't put in the .zip and didn't make a new folder, and didn't put in data just in case you're wondering) in the following directory:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition where SkyrimSE.exe is located, as per the instructions given on the sticky in the post section of the Mod page."

That's called "Manually installing".

18,594 posts. One would assume you can read. I guess not.

Awake at stupid o'clock. Oh the iron knee.

WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?

I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU AND GOT NOTHING BUT ATTITUDE AND INSULTS FFS

Don't bother answering, I won't see your posts anymore

Guest deleted34304850

except its not broken.

its quite obvious that there's something amiss with your set up. you can disagree with that as much as you like, i care less, computers, unlike humans, don't lie.

all you've done here is fight with people trying to help you. i reported your posts to the mods, as it looks like you are only here to troll. they may remove your posts, they may not, however, know this - no-one in this forum owes you anything. it's all done on a volunteer basis and i can tell you with 100% certainty, i will never, ever help you, or anyone else with your openly antagonistic attitude.

i hope you figure out how to fix this really simple issue. good luck.