Hoping to build a P.C. for modding games/streaming

I'm still learning all the in's-n-out's of pc's parts/modding, but very quickly becoming enthused with both.

At first I wanted the best kind of setup for something specifically for modding Bethesda games.

However, I've also become intrigued by the idea of streaming as well.

My budget is somewhere around $1500.

I also realize the global situation has prompted a shortage of certain components and that it might be a while before

I might be able to get certain components. Really any recommendations for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and hope you're all well in advance.

PC Part Picker is a good resource. Of course, the problem is, the NVidia 30 series cards don't seem to be available anywhere at all....... One would think they would restock at some point, but, so far, I haven't seen that happen....... The 20 series cards still seem to be out there, and are decent performance..... but, if you wanna do streaming, you are going to need a pretty mean card/processor/lots of ram.

I know I said that I wanted to build it myself, but thereâs actually a pre-built on sale at my work now that has a 20 series card (like HeyYou suggested).

It has the following specs:

IBuypower co1000I

Gaming desktop w/ 6gb graphics card

Intel i7-170700F processor

16gb ddr4 ram

2tb hard drive 480gb solid state drive

Nvidia GeForce rtx 2600

6gb graphics card

802.11ac wireless

Does anyone know if this would be a good starting build for modding Skyrim and other sandbox games?

Get the 10700KF instead.

Only difference between the 2 is that the KF has a disabled GPU. Which you won't be needing with a dedicated graphics card.

It's also cheaper. (around 30 bucks here)

Get the 10700KF instead.

Only difference between the 2 is that the KF has a disabled GPU. Which you won't be needing with a dedicated graphics card.

It's also cheaper. (around 30 bucks here)

Does the KF still do hyper-threading though? I know my 9700KF doesn't.... But, an eight core is still an eight core. :D

Right now, forget about intel CPUs. Get AMD. You don't need the latest series of processors; a Ryzen 5 3XXX series will help you get a long way at half the price of an Intel CPU. An X470, X570, B550 and some such have more possibilities than any of the Intel motherboards and they're much cheaper, faster and they consume less power.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still learning all the in's-n-out's of pc's parts/modding, but very quickly becoming enthused with both.

At first I wanted the best kind of setup for something specifically for modding Bethesda games.

However, I've also become intrigued by the idea of streaming as well.

My budget is somewhere around $1500.

I also realize the global situation has prompted a shortage of certain components and that it might be a while before

I might be able to get certain components. Really any recommendations for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and hope you're all well in advance.

Leave the pre-builts, mostly cheap parts, crap psu, not rly worth the pennies.

Your budget is great enough for a great rig, but sadly a bad time for building coz oh some high prices.

Anyway, since you wanna do multitasking, go with ryzen.

As pointed out from Jimmy Ryzen 5 will do a long good job for you.

Go with something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LMydfP

Also what about Screen? Do u alrdy own one?

Edited by EyMiMayhem