DynDOLOD Billboard Issue - Sleeping Giant Inn

psicloner1

I'm having an issue with two trees as a result of generating LODs. I've used xLodGen successfully for all assets it pertains to. I used TexGen and DynDOLOD for the trees, and while they look amazing, I do have one issue. Just outside the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood, there is a tree just to the left of the stairs facing away from the inn where two trees want to co-exist and I can turn off Blubbo's mod for Riverwood and one of those goes away, so I understand that's not a DynDOLOD issue. But what is is the tree straight across from the stairs that you face exiting the inn. I get a billboard sticking out of the tree that I cannot get rid of, unless I turn off DynDOLOD_Output, which of course is not the right fix for this issue. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I might approach this?

I've done various things to fix this, between rearranging where billboards sit (currently right after the mod they apply to), to turning off a mod and re-running TexGen and DynDOLOD (a crazy long process). I've been trying various things for well over a month to handle this on my own, but I'm at a loss as to how to get this all working without the billboard appearing.

I meant to mention I'm on Skyrim Special Edition on a PC.

This is the tree with billboards sticking out:

aCqoYsN.png

Another look:

bs9LyWU.png

And another:

LvntD8g.png

Here are the 2 trees in the same spot:

Yf2pvoi.png

And just because I can, here are trees without issue:

TUjuWKY.png

agukXRj.png

This is a very special case indeed. TBH, I've never seen anything like this before.

So, this is just guessing....

1. Possible lod issue: Did you create Terrain lod with Xlodgen before using Dyndolod? If so, does the Xlodgen output reflect your current load order? And are you sure you didn't create trees per accident in Xlodgen?

2. Possible engine bug: What weather mod are you using? There is a bug in the base game, that sometimes lod is rendered when it shouldn't. My impression is, that with Obsidian or Cathedral Weathers, this bug is slightly more likely to happen. Regions affected the most by this bug were Solitude (inside the city) and Riverwood in my game...

3. Possible load order issue: Try to shuffle mods making changes to Riverwood around. I once had a strange lod wall right in the backyard of a custom player home. I never really found out where it came from, but playing around with the load order position of that home solved the issue..

Other than that, no idea... Sorry.

This is a very special case indeed. TBH, I've never seen anything like this before.

So, this is just guessing....

1. Possible lod issue: Did you create Terrain lod with Xlodgen before using Dyndolod? If so, does the Xlodgen output reflect your current load order? And are you sure you didn't create trees per accident in Xlodgen?

2. Possible engine bug: What weather mod are you using? There is a bug in the base game, that sometimes lod is rendered when it shouldn't. My impression is, that with Obsidian or Cathedral Weathers, this bug is slightly more likely to happen. Regions affected the most by this bug were Solitude (inside the city) and Riverwood in my game...

3. Possible load order issue: Try to shuffle mods making changes to Riverwood around. I once had a strange lod wall right in the backyard of a custom player home. I never really found out where it came from, but playing around with the load order position of that home solved the issue..

Other than that, no idea... Sorry.

Yes, I used xLODGen before-hand. I know I didn't have LODGen handle trees, making sure to keep it unchecked. Rustic Weathers + True Storms is what I'm using for weather. I've been shuffling plugins a ton in the last few weeks trying to handle this issue. In fact, while it messed some things up in the process, I started completely over with my mods in Mod Organizer as a result. What it did was reduce the mods I was using to better effect and to teach me a LOT more than what I knew about how they and Mod Manager work.

After I posted this, I tried identifying the billboard in question by clicking on it while the console was up. I just can't be sure if what I'm selecting is the billboard in question or something behind it. I'm trying to use xEdit to find the models in question and have DynDOLOD ignore those specific items. I'll report back if it fixes anything.

What would be even more helpful is to see how I could tell DynDOLOD to ignore Riverwood, just to learn how to ignore a zone/area. In the end, however, I'm fighting between having fidelity of the models/meshes and overt distractions from what would otherwise be a very immersive experience.

All this takes a ton of time to build, test, remove and rebuild, so appreciate having all the tools and guides people have put together. I'm hoping through my efforts I can either identify an easy fix for someone's mod or to help others who may have this issue get past in the long run.

Glad you found the culprit - or at least a lead.

Are you using vanilla trees or "simply bigger trees"? AFAIK, HQ tree bark isn't compatible with most of the other tree mods out there, like 3D trees or Skyrim Flora Overhaul.

I used HQ tree bark for some time myself. I only had it and "realistic Aspen trees" installed. Worked perfectly with Dyndolod (billboards for LOD, not "full model"). So I doubt that it doesn't work per se.

Glad you found the culprit - or at least a lead.

Are you using vanilla trees or "simply bigger trees"? AFAIK, HQ tree bark isn't compatible with most of the other tree mods out there, like 3D trees or Skyrim Flora Overhaul.

I used HQ tree bark for some time myself. I only had it and "realistic Aspen trees" installed. Worked perfectly with Dyndolod (billboards for LOD, not "full model"). So I doubt that it doesn't work per se.

I have Flora Overhaul, but not the others, but turned it off for most of this testing. So when you go to this same tree it looks OK?

When I tested DynDOLOD with HQ Tree Bark turned off, it ran fine, and then I was able to turn on Flora Overhaul, but the HQ Tree Bark looks worse close up than if I run DynDOLOD with it. Not ideal, but it appears to work.

There's still more work to do, and I'm a perfectionist.

000qqtj.png

YXlIlpc.png

5TRKqZO.png

Here's where I'm at thus far with a little customized lighting and other mods:

oPly4ZN.png

ZQIXbis.png

9dCUAZM.png

2FSnGOJ.png