Will there be an Empire in (hypothetical) TES VI?

Dovahkiin234

The Empire has died in fire, and like a pheonix reborn, like 3 times already.

To think that the Empire wont be around, and wont make some sort of comeback, would be to ignore all history.

But those were different dynasties (Allesian, Cyrodiil, Septim). What I'm trying to say is whether people think this empire will eventually collapse. I never said that the empire won't come back ever. I'm talking about the Empire founded by the Septim Dynasty.

The real question is, will there be any kind of a technological advancements made another 3000 years into the story.

AuntieJemima, that has nothing to do with this. Maybe they'll have cannons or something.

the Thalmor, in a sense, are the reason the Empire is failing. Damn High Elves.

I think the next TES will be in Elswyr sense so much has happened there.

And also... Why is there only Emperors? Why no Empress? I know next to nothing of TES Lore outside of Skyrim... :T

in all probability this empire will collapse.

events in Skyrim point to the possibility of a new dynasty with origins in High Rock but given that everyone wants to kick the Dominion's butt, TESVI will, hopefully, have the Dominion ruling Tamriel and the uprising against them starting in either Hammerfell or High Rock (and with luck the next gen of consoles and PCs will be out in time for TESVI and the game and DLC will cover all of Tamriel)

the Thalmor, in a sense, are the reason the Empire is failing. Damn High Elves.

I think the next TES will be in Elswyr sense so much has happened there.

And also... Why is there only Emperors? Why no Empress? I know next to nothing of TES Lore outside of Skyrim... :T

Lore wise there have been a few Empresses - most notable Empress Kintyra Septim who was executed by the Wolf Queen Potema Septim during Potema's attempt at crowning her son Emperor

God, i hope that in TES VI there's no E of the Empire. emperor murdered by Dark Brotherhood (Dragonborn), Stormcloak Victory, Thalmor eradicated yeah pretty much that would be good as canon, racist team blue go go canon :D Edited by ShannonRutherford

I think the Empire will have fallen. The Emperor's death will be canon and it will sound something like "...the few who survived the purification of Falkreath's Sanctuary succeeded in a plot that ended emperor Titus Medes' life. It is rumored, that the Dovahkiin was the one who struck the killing blow, others say the Dovahkiin was responsible for the purifiaction, but which story is true will never be revealed." Why do you think it remains such a mystery of "who killed who" when Culecain died, and if Talos was one of the victims or the killer himself? The truth is lost to time ^^

As for the rest... there is no more real empire. Even if you side with the Empire in Skyrim, what is there to save? And as the Thalmor's plot to keep Skyrim fighting and instable has been thwarted... they don't have much choice but to strike at once, while the Empire and Skyrim are still weak, I think. If they give Skyrim the time to do what both Ulfric and Tullius say after the Civil War questline: gather forces, prepare for the coming war with the Thalmor... they will lose, just like they did in Hammerfell. That was the whole point why the Thalmor wanted that war to continue.

So I guess it will have to be a new Empire, one without Dragonborn Emperors or their shadow on the new Emperor/Empress, maybe a little like Alessia's Empire, one that mankind made for themselves after having fought and suffered for it a long time.

The real question is, will there be any kind of a technological advancements made another 3000 years into the story.

Yes there probably will be. Though, we have to remember, the romans way more advanced in other ways than the west world were far into the 1700's. So things don't go to fast, and sometimes technology go back.

What I wonder is how Skyrim will fit into it. What if it remained in the empire or on the other hand maybe the dragonborn supported the stormcloaks? Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Bioware's Dragon Age series having the events of Skyrim into TES:VI. I think tey should do this then have a new hero unite the enemies of the Thalmor and restore a new Empire. With the option to support one candidate or another in trhe decision on the first new Emperor.

Edited by XOMICH

I reckon it will be a new empire more or less, like mentioned...
I reckon it will do away with emperors and the like and replace with something more bureaucratic, the East empire company is doing pretty well isnt it?

I heavily doubt the Dragonborn of Skyrim will become emperor, its too specific and doesnt leave room for broad storytelling like if your Dragonborn was an assassin etc. etc.

It would be cool to see the stormcloaks and the empire join forces in the next game into some sort of bigger rebellion against the elves.