baten

Hey there!

maybe someone here can help me with my problem:

first of all please be patient, i'm a real ultra moding noob :biggrin:

so i tried to mod the Lakeview Extended - Mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31380), a great mod, but i wanted to change some things to give it "a personal note" :P

but whn i try to open it, my CK give me a bunch of erros till it crashes.

i already asked the Modder if he has any ideas how to fix it, but he has no idea :confused:

so i ask you.

these are the erros i get:

1) MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION: Lookup failed for ID: 0x00010ADF from

dtring file: STRINGS/Update_ENGLISH.DLSTRINGS

canceling this cause:

2) Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2871

LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading string file.

cancel:

3) Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2883

Failed to allocate entry array.

again canceling:

4) Assert

File: c:\_skyrim\code\tesv\bssystem\BSTSmartPointer.h

Line: 167

Null pointer

canceling this allways causes a Creation Kit crash...

i hope anyone can help me, but remember, I'm a noob :geek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get a small number of errors when loading anything in CK - it's something that just happens. However, if you're wanting to load something into CK that uses assets (files) from DLC such as Hearthfire (as the mod in question seems to use) then you'll need to tell CK to allow the use of DLC files otherwise it'll get confused when calling for files that it's not aware of.

To do this you just need to:

1) Open Skyrims main directory (where TESV.exe is)

2) Open "SkyrimEditor.ini" file with any text editor (such as notepad or GetDiz)

3) Scroll right down to the [ARCHIVE] section and locate the line: SResourceArchiveList2=

4) Manually add / type "HearthFires.bsa" - without quotation marks - into the line.

To clarify, my line currently looks like: SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa

...and after the addition: SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, HearthFires.bsa

5) Save the file then re-try to load that mod again into Creation Kit.

I believe this should work, but if you still get errors then to be sure of things then when selecting which mods CK will load tick HearthFires.bsa and the mod you wish to edit (ensuring that the latter is set as active file so it can be edited).

Hope that helps.

There is something weird going on with this mod - I've just tried to load it in CK for an experiment and I get error messages and CTD too. Very strange indeed, and regretfully I can't help you as I've never seen this kind of behaviour before :huh:

I would recommend reinstalling the mod, then going online to find a good tutorial to make sure you're doing everthing completely correct. You may have made a small error. I've never tried adding things to the world. (That's what you did right? Add a note to be found?)

I would recommend reinstalling the mod, then going online to find a good tutorial to make sure you're doing everthing completely correct. You may have made a small error. I've never tried adding things to the world. (That's what you did right? Add a note to be found?)

nope

"personal note" = something just for me :biggrin:

like other armors for the guards, stuff like that. could be easy work with the NPC editor, but even that doesn't work...

i also asked the creator of the mod, but everything works fine for him with the mod, no problems. very strange.

just don't know what to try else

Edited by baten