Alright guys, here's a fact: We download mods. A couple mods. No, let's be honest. Like, 27 mods. And a good portion of those mods, well modify things. Aside from adding/tweaking/removing whatever it was you wanted them to add/tweak/remove, some of them also affect the crafting list. A lot of them do, actually. And it looks.....disgusting. Deadly Dragon, Apachii Wigs, Cloaks of Skyrim, Sneak Tools, Immersive Weapons/Armor, Weapons of The 3rd Era, and more (all great mods by the way :biggrin: ) add to the clutter of the crafting lists. This clutter not only annoys the hell outta me, but it's tedious to go through. And repetitive. Literally, if I decide to craft (if I can convince myself to look at the crafting list; I tend to avoid that hot mess) let's say...soul shards from Deadly Dragons (Armory?), I have to not only scroll all the way done through the Misc section (which, ironically, is the longest, if not the second longest crafting list) but once I get to it I have the "wonderful" option of choosing one of five "Soul Shard"s to craft. I don't understand that. I don't understand how at the smelter "Draugur" (from DD again) can have something like 20+ items and yet place literally only one item in "Elven", one item in "Ebony", and one item in "Daedric". I don't understand why "Iron" (back at the Forge) allows you to create all of the Sneak Tools arrows minus the Noisemaker arrows, because those are placed in the "Dwarven" section. Alone. /endrant

So I propose this: create a mod that adds the name of the mods as a categories and place all respective items into that category. I just read that you cannot change category names because they are hard-coded, but from my understanding, DG added some categories that can be used. But the issue with this is that there is a limited number of slots and mod authors would be competing with them. Therefore, create an installer that allows you to choose which mods you would like to add. Alternatively, create a way to add the mod in manually. (With good directions. Some of the manual mods I download have the most vague directions ever.)

From there, simply place all the (for example) Sneak Tools craftables in one category, all the Cloaks of Skyrim craftables in one category, all the Deadly Dragons in one category, etcetera etcetera SEPARATE from the vanilla items. Sure, it'd be better if we could add subcategory after subcategory, but I believe that isn't in the realm of possiblilty due to CK limitations, so I believe this is the next best thing I can think of. Um. Yes. Leave ideas, comments, and thoughts and such. Imma finna go slaughter some Imperial Bastadds in the mean time.

TL;DR Create a mod that reduces all the excess clutter in crafting lists by placing all items created by "Mod X" under a new category called "Mod X", allowing some organization and and some separation from vanilla items.

• 1 month later...