LOTD problem.

wfandrews

With the newer versions of LOTD I have been having the problem that Auryen does not come out from behind the restraining cord when I first enter the building.

He is standing right behind the cord when I first enter so I can engage in dialogue with him and get the quest for the first three objects but then when I return with, say the Bellhammer he moves further into the building so I cannot engage him in dialogue and cannot advance in the mod.

I was wondering if I used a console command to place him beside me in the vestibule that would work without borking the mod.

The only console commands I ever used are additem and modav so I really do not know how to frame that console command or whether there is more than one which will give me the same affect; and if there is more than one which would be the best to use in this instance.

I do not know why this is happening, maybe The Curators Companion or Legacy Safehouse Plus but I would like to fix this without uninstalling either of those mods. I believe if I could just get past this and have Auryen open the building I will be OK.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit

Did you know there are six object IDs for Auyren Morellus in SSEEdit?

I looked up the console command to move an NPC to me which is Prid "object id" then "moveto player" without the quotation marks.

Tried all six object IDs and every time it said "Invalid Object Reference."

I would post this on the LOTD post but I already know what they will tell me; it is a mod conflict, I installed the mod badly, or it is the Wrye Bash configuration, and they will undoubtedly be right. However like I said I believe if I can just move Auren to me to complete the first three quests I will not have a problem after that.

If anyone has any ideas I would sure like to hear them, otherwise I will just uninstall the mod and start a new game.

To use the moveto player command correctly, you need to PRID the RefID, not the BaseID - just in case you didn't know. The easiest way to figure out the RefID of the version of Auryen you want to teleport, open the console while you can see him and just click on him. The RefID should now appear in the upper or lower center of your screen. If you can't see him, save, toggle clipping with tcl and roam the museum until you find him. TCL again, get his RefID and reload.

The reason for all those instances of Auryen is, that he appears in different locations around Skyrim or in specific situations that need a version specially taylored for this quest / dialogue / whatever...

I do not encourage you to use the console to solve the problem, you might only fiddle with the symptoms of a much bigger issue underneath.

Thank you for your reply, it was informative.

I did not know about the RefID viz a viz the BaseID. You are probably correct about using the console may bork that mod somewhere down the line. I was happy to have an explanation as to why there was all those instances of Auryen.

There is a newer version of LOTD and The Curators Companion out so I installed those and started a new game, hoping that I do not get the same bug.

It is just in the last two versions of LOTD that I got this problem, hopefully this version will work. I hate the thought of uninstalling The Curators Companion and Legacy Safehouse Plus, playing all the way thru until I get to where I travel Solitude only to find that I still have the same bug. I don't mind starting a new game so much as I am constantly doing so anyway, I just hate to do so for no reason.

If you are interested you could keep an eye on this post as I will update when I get to Solitude and post what happened, for good or ill.

Once again thank you for your reply.

Auryen once again appeared on the other side of the tape but this time he did not move further into the gallery so I was able to interact with him. Consequently I was able to deliver all three articles and he opened the gallery and everything is proceeding smoothly.

I still have no idea why he does not appear in the vestibule and sit on the bench where I believe he is meant to be. However I do not think this is a mod breaking bug although I will undoubtedly find out as I progress with LOTD.