Continue Central Settlement Armory - A Beautiful Mod

Sacreficium

This Mod was wonderful! Simply astounding and marvelous.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25964

As i know that many of us rather play with mortal settlers (bethesda is too afraid of (negative) consequences in their latest games it seems)

But giving them a fighting chance by upgrading their equiment gets so tedious and unrealistic (a community of "self aware" people in a dangerous wasteland are incapable of getting better gear? really?) once u got some settlements and some settlers.

this mod was the absolute solution.

So i beg of you, continue this work... even if the game is old...

it would benefit many peole that love this game and mods like SimSettlements, of that i am sure.

thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It just does not work.

What does not work? I used this mod years ago, and it works.

I also want to add, please remove the AWKCR requirement & add an optional feature that scales settlers' level because not anyone uses BSs/Mortal Settlers.

What does settlers' level has to do with this mod?

Because giving them good equipment while being level 1-6 is pointless.

It just does not work.

What does not work? I used this mod years ago, and it works.

I also want to add, please remove the AWKCR requirement & add an optional feature that scales settlers' level because not anyone uses BSs/Mortal Settlers.

What does settlers' level has to do with this mod?

Because giving them good equipment while being level 1-6 is pointless.

Even the Author has pointed out that a game update broke it. That was in September of 17, last update of the mod was August of the same year, so, I suspect it is still broken. As the author was around for a while after that, but, did NOT fix the mod, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope that its gonna happen. Also, the Author himself (herself?) hasn't been around for several months....... Not really a good sign that it will ever be fixed.

That said, I DO like the idea behind the mod. It makes a lot more sense than me having to personally equip each and every settler. Are settlers REALLY that stupid/inept?

Considering that they constantly steal YOUR power armor, and never put it back? Yes... Yes they ARE.

Something that might help with the tedium of supplying settlers might be this mod. Uniform Settlers. Completely different approach, and there's no random factors, but still makes it so that you don't have to outfit each and every one. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59687 In the meantime, I mean.

That said, the modders have learned and acquired a LOT of advancements, since '17 ;)

Combat settlers will automatically upgrade mortal settlers health on player level and weapons from the workshop in a MANAGED fashion.

Workshop Access Monitor can automatically upgrade wepons from a managed central stash of settler weapons.

My armor upgrade mod will never be published:

On the Bethesda Creation Engine, Papyrus script processing resource is extremly limited and one bad recursive or blocking script can hoover most of it up. As an example Fallout 4 settlers auto equipping “best” armor from the local workshop is often requested. Whilst both weapons and armor auto upgrades were done and “working” several years ago, the armor element will never be released as the massive script processing overhead to iterate through worn/inventory lists for each actor blocks all other scripts in the workshop area. Publishing it would be like giving a zippo lighter with your name on it to an infant. You can learn more about these Creation Engine issues on the SKK Script Lag Detector page.

I see. Well, that's bad news :sad: But as always, VERY informative, thanks SKK!

So while you're here. Let me ask if this idea might have some viability, tho I think it's a dead end.

Would it be possible to make containers, with gear inside of it, that can be constructed through the settlement workshop?

Say: A container with X armor in it, and X weaponry ?

[Edit] On further thought, I think it would be easier to create a spawner for the container. And then the container itself is set in the .esp/.esl file to have whatever items inside. Would that work? [/Edit]

In this manner, the solution would be to plop down x number of these containers, for the settlers to raid.

This said, there ARE mods out there that can create pre-listed level list injections for settler gear, that you might want to check out, Sacre. I don't know if there is still a problem with the settlement respawn changing them tho :sad: