Some mods do not work while others do...

SoulNFire

Hi guys, so i started playing the game recently and decided to add a few mods in to spice things up. At first, some mods seeemed to work and some didnt. For example, i had the combat HUD mod and the shared mods configuration mod that were working fine while others like mage equipment overhaul, alchemy and cooking recipe display just didnt seem to work... (i have a few more mods installed but since im not sure if they did work or not ill add the full list of which mods im using at the end of the post).

Now, after looking in the mods describtion in their links on Nexus, i saw that some of those mods needed Partiality launcher. I got partiality, loaded the mages equipment overhaul and 2 other mods, and they still didnt work. Now, not only that those mods didnt work, ALL the other mods stopped working as well - the hud, the shared mod config menu. I saw that partiality launcher has compatibility issues with BepInEx so i reinstalled the game completly, got rid of partiality launcher, and loadeed all the mods again.

The funny party is, now AGAIN some of the mods do not work BUT... few mods that didnt work before do work now and vise versa: combat hud and shared mod config do not work and alchemy and cooking recipe display do. Its really confusing and i cant seem to be able to fix the problem.

If anyone had an issue like this before or can help me fix it ill appreciate it very much.

Heres additional info i can provide if that helps:

- this caught my attention in the LogOutput on BepInEx:

[Message:SideLoader] Reading SLPack CombatHUD
[Message:SideLoader] Loaded assetbundle combathud
[Error :SideLoader] Error loading asset bundle! Message: Unknown error (Bundle '__folder_managed_by_vortex' was null)
Stack: at SideLoader.SLPack.LoadAssetBundles () [0x0010c] in <0c61d3705f1445329587d1ac2dcd9903>:0
[Message:SideLoader] Reading SLPack SharedModConfig
[Message:SideLoader] Loaded assetbundle sharedmodconfig
[Error :SideLoader] Error loading asset bundle! Message: Unknown error (Bundle '__folder_managed_by_vortex' was null)
Stack: at SideLoader.SLPack.LoadAssetBundles () [0x0010c] in <0c61d3705f1445329587d1ac2dcd9903>:0
[Message:SideLoader] Reading SLPack UnlimitedRuneWorks
[Message:SideLoader] Exception on ResourcesPrefabManager.Load: System.ArgumentNullException
[Warning:SideLoader] ---- Inner-most exception: ----
[Message:SideLoader] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Even though it didnt show any other errors, most mods still didnt work.
- this is the list of mods im currently using:
BepInEx x64 5.4.5.0
BepInEx partiality wrapper (ive added this 1 a bit later, but the situation didnt change)
Balanced item rng 2020 - New balance
Mages equipment overhaul
linked stash chests v1
combat hud
side loader
shared coop rewards
shared mod config
alchemy cooking recipe display
unlimited rune works
I hope this helps, and that i provided enough info. Thank you all for your time and if someone can help that will be fantastic! :happy:
Edit:
I found the major issue, which was the newer version of sideloader. For some reason it screwes up some of the mods. I went back to ver 3.1.3 and the mods that use BepInEx now work.
Still, 3 mods that needed the partiality launcher do not work:
- Balanced item rng 2020 - New balance
- Mages equipment overhaul
- unlimited rune works
If someone have any idea how to fix those ill be glad to hear. Thank you!
Edited by SoulNFire