Skyrim Bugs (Blinking water+annoying water sounds even tho im far away

blommiiz

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with "water blinking" or "water glitches". I fixed it by deleting my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref in documents. After their removal start skyrim through steam and not via SKSE to recreate fresh ones.

That worked because by deleteing the skyrimpref.ini and making a new one, you removed the floating point setting needed to make enb function correctly, thus disabling it, which disabled the bug.

I got this bug as well recently, and the only true fix I could find was to just delete ENB entirely. Shame. :(

• 2 months later...

I was having the same issue: bodies of water would spazz out, annoying water splashes at random. At first I set my vsync to on via skyrimpref.ini--didn't fix. THEN I set EnableVSync=true in the enblocal file. FIXED.

Thank you all very much.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue despite having a Samsung monitor that maxed at 60hx refresh and the vsync turned on in all the nvidia settings. I also have SLI running but turning it off didn't help. The fix that finally worked for me was to install Nvidia inquisitor and use the FPS limiter in there (Set for TESV.exe)

I used this tutorial here:

Hope that helps others.

That's probably because vsync still wasn't turned on (despite it being on in the driver control panel - it could be you were running skyrim in a window rather than true full screen - eg via Onetweak). The way to tell in game would be to display the fps (using either enb, MSI Afterburner etc), and if it caps to the monitor refresh rate, then vsync is on.

The actual problem with game physics (and associated issues, including, weirdly, the sound of being underwater) is caused by an fps higher than 60. If vsync is turned on and there is no other fps limiter, the monitor refresh rate must be set to 60 hz (a higher refresh rate will still result in physics issues if the fps goes over 60 despite vsync being on).

I have vsync turned off (in Skyrim ini and enb) but limit the frame rate to 60 using Bandicam (or MSI Afterburner, or the nvida/amd setting in the drivers). Keeping vsync off results in less stutters (but not completely since stutters in Skyrim can come from a variety of sources - loading textures, models, overloaded script engine etc).

Edited by RealAntithesis

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ENB is an effects / graphics enhancement mod don't touch the fps on the ini use Nvidia Inspector to lock the game at 60fps (it cannot go over that) there is a video above.

• 7 months later...